GY Silent Armors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

racehorse

Reaction score
I just bought some; thoughts from others on psi on road and off?

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have them, I run 41psi front and 43psi back for highway. A bit firm, but better mpg. For the trail 26psi f and 27psi rear (-5psi for sand). The sidewalls are surprisingly soft and the lack of sidewall "bulges" makes it kind of pointless to air down further. Ever since i've had them though, I have been unable to balance them 100%, even with high speed laser balance. It has gotten better over time as they begin to wear down a bit. The tires do wear like iron though, I have 40k miles on them and they seem to be only 60% worn. Let me know how they work out for you.

di_LR3_co

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have about 10K on mine.. still can't get them to balance right.. done the road force balancing on all forces and even had one replaced due to it be "out of round".. balance problem shows itself around 50.. and only 50..

as for PSi.. i run 43 all around.. though after 10K, i think i have lost about 30% of tread life which is disappointing.. also, i am not overly impressed with their "extreme snow and ice" rating.. i won't be getting them again

CoMclovin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the SIlent Armor Wranglers, and have nothing but praise for the tire. The snow and ice handling has been great for me. In fact I took the truck up in the mountains 11k feet, through a blizzard to go snowboarding recently. The tires held up perfectly, and felt solid through everything I drove through. Oddly enough, I haven't had any balance issues with them on my D3. I did have the Forterra Silent Armors previously and didn't like those tires at all.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635