Has anyone installed these defender style lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BarryM21

Reaction score
So I’m loving these lights. But I haven’t seen much on whether anyone has installed them. They are made in China from a reputable factory. Apparently that does lights for a variety of manufacturers. It’s not a small amount for $1000 but they look is just outstanding in my opinion.

DiscoLR4

Reaction score
That looks beautiful. If lr4 lights were trash, I'd totally think about making those upgrades. But the thing is, I love the lr4 look already, one of the best lights out on street. Hard to justify $1k expense to change something that works great and looks great already.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone on one of the Facebook groups said those lights were terrible, but I can’t remember why.

BigBriDogGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the way my stock lights look on the LR4. My problem is they won't adjust to illuminate the road straight ahead and parallel and they aren't very bright. After messing with them over a period of several days and getting nowhere, a member told me to forget it. He had been down the same path and nothing worked. He finally bought a European light assembly that was pretty costly, but that he liked a lot.

Oddly, his reply was one of the most helpful I have gotten. It gave me permission to stop chasing a lost cause and now I don't even notice the headlights are kind of wonky. They work well enough and I'm street legal. When I turn on the fog lights, I get pretty decent coverage on the road directly in front of me. That's all I really need.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dig the look. But with this kind of stuff, you never know if they bothered to use quality bulbs and projectors actually designed to focus the light beam pattern in an effective manner.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72