Oil extractor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve only heard of people on this forum using the mityvac, but I see no reason why this wouldn’t work. You obviously need a storage container to start with, but it’s much smaller/easier to store than the mityvac.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That pump can't handle gear oil, if you intend to service the transfer case and differentials. I got my mityvac second hand for less than $40, have been very happy with it so far. It is somewhat large, though.

Ryan00TJ

Reaction score
I use a very similar version of that electric pump. Its an 80s napa version. I use a 3gal pool chemical bucket to pump used oil into. Mine has no problem doing gear oil.

Lr4KP

Reaction score
That pump can't handle gear oil, if you intend to service the transfer case and differentials. I got my mityvac second hand for less than $40, have been very happy with it so far. It is somewhat large, though.

What is the difference in specs with the mityvac? I would like to do my diffs and transfer case and I was thinking that it should pump the oil in there

Ryan00TJ

Reaction score
If in doubt buy the larger 80w version of what you posted. Mine does gear oil just fine. You can hear the electric motor working harder and it pumps a tad slower.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use my mityvac for extract only. It's a pita to clean to use for filling. I use a small pump for the diffs etc or amsoils nifty bags that their gear oil comes in.

Lr4KP

Reaction score
If in doubt buy the larger 80w version of what you posted. Mine does gear oil just fine. You can hear the electric motor working harder and it pumps a tad slower.

I watched a video on YouTube and the electric pump he used wouldn’t work and I assume it was pumping too fast and was splashing back out at him. I’m going to get the 80w you’re speaking of

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
I have an oil extractor, and I use it specifically for that. I'm about to redo my fluids again, but this time I picked up this little guy specifically to put fluid in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72