Head Gasket Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

super_poser

RoverChic said:
Charles .. Just curious here. You have 155K miles is that correct?? Have you replaced a lot of stuff yet ?? How is your trans?? Just curious.. I am at 75K miles and I am contemplating a trade in soon.. Thanks in advance, Melissa

Parts I have replaced are:
Alternator
Right front caliper
Fan clutch
Fan
These are things that broke. I have put a lift on it and larger tires and a roof rack. I am a piddler like a lot of Rover owners and I am kinda of **** about changing things before they break. I HATE having things break out on the trail. Transmission no problems. I have the theory that there is always going to something to work on these things. Charles

S

super_poser

Part number update. The fan in the picture from Joey is for clockwise operation. The Discovery goes counterclockwise. The part number for counterclockwise is 220638. Same brand same everything just goes in a different direction. Charles :cool:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update....I will add that to my notes of good info for future use....how is it working so far?

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Thanks for the post Charles. I too have replaced the Viscous Fan Clutch, and the drive belt, the cats (left and right), fuel pump (almost), brake pads .. Ect ect .

S

super_poser

Well I have an update on the fan and fan clutch. I went to the Richland Gap Trail today with the Old North State Rover Society. It was about a 2 hour drive from my home to the trail with lots of hills and valleys to get through getting there. We were on the trail off and on for 5 or 6 hours. The temp stayed rock solid. Maybe a little lower than usual but maybe I was concentrating on the needle more. Everything worked perfect. So we know we have an alternative to the OME fans and fan clutch. Charles :biggrin:
http://www.theoldnorthstate.org/index.html

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Now that is always good news, I had heard that this part worked, but it is always good to hear that someone other than a city user has used it... Of course I am still looking at installing my Dual Electric soon... but if that doesn't work out, I know where I can get a cheap factory replacement....

Thanks for the update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72