Head Gasket Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

super_poser

Hey Joey, Do you have metal fan? Or know one that will work? Or does anybody know one that will work? Thanks Charles :confused:

D

discomike

Charles,
Go with a standard replacement, it will work well, and cost less then converting over to metal. Plus you stand the chance of loosing horse power and or getting worse mileage with a fan that has a higher rated air flow.
Mike J.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On topic of electric fans - i tried one and it didnt work very well (to say least). I know that installation is crucial factor, and personally - i wouldnt mind to get electric stuff (can certain use better cooling). But unfortunately it looks like presently there is no stuff that will stick tight enough to be efficient in Disco's radiator (to cool it well when you climbing rocks at 11K in direct sun and temperature of air is about 100)).

S

super_poser

Well I got a fan clutch and metal fan from Auto Zone. Seems to work good, but is a little loud. The fan clutch was $52.00 and the fan was $24.00. If this works out I may still be able to afford a skid plate soon. I was all set to get one when this happened. It always seems to work out that way. Charles :wink:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't get back faster. I have been working on a retaining wall at my house all day today... fun work.

Here is the pic of the fan with clutch that I have been told will work, no I have not used it. Personnally in the fall, winter, and spring I don't run a fan. And I hope by next summer to have my Dual electric fan installed...

It is a Hayden Fan Part # 220618

Attachments

• rr-replacement-fan.jpg
    rr-replacement-fan.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 118
S

super_poser

Thats the one I got. It works so far. Just drove it about 15 miles tonight. Charles

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joey - thanks :)

Charles - works as in - same/better/acceptable? I.e what temp. sensor says? Noise level i presume shall be higher though - seeing it got less blades than stock one and they are in regular pattern.

I am looking for better cooling of engine compartment :)

Last edited:
S

super_poser

The temp gauge has stayed the same. It is louder, but not overbearing. I have not driven it much and only in the late evening. I am going to Richland Gap N.C. on a ride next weekend, so we will find out how well it cools. Charles

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Charles .. Just curious here. You have 155K miles is that correct?? Have you replaced a lot of stuff yet ?? How is your trans?? Just curious.. I am at 75K miles and I am contemplating a trade in soon.. Thanks in advance, Melissa

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Charles, we all will await your return with report :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72