headlight washers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

discoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not getting any fluid to my headlight washers. Could this simply be a pump issue, or could there be something else causing the problem? All the lines are connected.

Last edited:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you trying this with the headlights "ON", it will only spray after the second attempt with the lights on.

discoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, tried them with lights on as your supposed to. However, I didn't know anything about a second attempt.

discoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, tried with lights on again, and tried the squirter for several long durations......nothing at the headlights

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
hmmm, could be clogged or plugged... I know if they are leaking or otherwise draining it will drain the entire reservoir, so I don't think that would be the issue. Could be the pump or wire disconnected.

But I do know on mine, before I removed them they only worked with the headlights on and on the second spray attempt.

Straight from the book:
HEADLIGHT WASHERS
The headlight washers operate automatically
whenever the windscreen washers are
operated, provided the headlights are
illuminated on low beam.

basstard440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this same problem. If you follow the lines you will see "elbows", in those elbows there are "check valves". In mine those valves were sticking and I tried to clean, oil, and even boiled them but they still stayed stuck or inconsistent. A simple fix though, pull one off and take it to the local auto store and compare it to a "vacuum elbow" and just replace all of them. I have done this in august of last year and haven't had a problem since, Mine was actually blowing the line off the reservoir. GL, Joe

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM