Headlights with factory HID, LED and Adaptive beam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2010 HSE does not come with factory HID and LED running lights and even though I put in after HID kit, somehow it isn't always reliable and often times it's a one eyed monster at night. I took the plunge and bought a pair of used headlights with all the bells and whistles that a $60k+ luxury truck should have came with. I will be installing it tonight and give you my feedback...wish me luck!

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2010 HSE does not come with factory HID and LED running lights and even though I put in after HID kit, somehow it isn't always reliable and often times it's a one eyed monster at night. I took the plunge and bought a pair of used headlights with all the bells and whistles that a $60k+ luxury truck should have came with. I will be installing it tonight and give you my feedback...wish me luck!

Good luck. I think The new lights have to be programed by the deal after installation especially if they are adaptive. please let us know how it works out for you and if poossible post some pics.

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i plugged in the lights and everything works...except for the HID. I noticed the headlight plug has 4 more pins than my factory light and on my factory headlight harness, those 4 slots are not wired. I am pretty sure that's for the adaptive controls and LR must have a different harness for the adaptive option. Bummer because the LED ring looked pretty cool...I guess that's the end of my experiment!

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i plugged in the lights and everything works...except for the HID. I noticed the headlight plug has 4 more pins than my factory light and on my factory headlight harness, those 4 slots are not wired. I am pretty sure that's for the adaptive controls and LR must have a different harness for the adaptive option. Bummer because the LED ring looked pretty cool...I guess that's the end of my experiment!

what if you source out the harness itself?

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just called the dealer and apparently i would need to replace the entire harness at $2400. No thanks! I am sure an electrician can figure this out but that is beyond my capabilities.

rovernut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the extra wires may be for the ballasts that the HID's need. Did your lights come with ballasts too?

Wusty

Reaction score
LR4TQ - How did the install go? Did you get an electrician to figure it out?

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up returning the lights. Couldn't figure out how to get the adaptive HID to turn on

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink