Aftermarket hid/xenon headlights for LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2010LR4HSE

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm sure this topic has been discussed several times, but I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with installing aftermarket HID kits in their LR4's. I own a 2010 LR4 HSE, and like many of you was very disappointed to know it did not come with HID/Xenon headlights! For the amount of money we spent you would think it would come standard. In my opinion the stock headlights don't match the luxury look of the car!

I've done a little research into aftermarket HID's, and it seems that all the kits I've looked into sell for around $79 to $100 for a complete plug and play kit. My only concern is that I'm told these kits will not allow you to use your high beams once installed. Also, I want something that looks as close to stock as possible. Nothing too blue (which looks cheap in my opinion).

I've looked into buying the whole LR4 LUX headlight housing, and the dealer says it will cost over $1000 plus installation, so that option is out of the question.

Anyone know if the LR3 HID/Xenon bulbs will fit in the LR4's? I'm going to look into it, and will repost when I find out...

If anyone has pics of their aftermarket headlights please post or send me the link!

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm sure this topic has been discussed several times, but I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with installing aftermarket HID kits in their LR4's. I own a 2010 LR4 HSE, and like many of you was very disappointed to know it did not come with HID/Xenon headlights! For the amount of money we spent you would think it would come standard. In my opinion the stock headlights don't match the luxury look of the car!

I've done a little research into aftermarket HID's, and it seems that all the kits I've looked into sell for around $79 to $100 for a complete plug and play kit. My only concern is that I'm told these kits will not allow you to use your high beams once installed. Also, I want something that looks as close to stock as possible. Nothing too blue (which looks cheap in my opinion).

I've looked into buying the whole LR4 LUX headlight housing, and the dealer says it will cost over $1000 plus installation, so that option is out of the question.

Anyone know if the LR3 HID/Xenon bulbs will fit in the LR4's? I'm going to look into it, and will repost when I find out...

If anyone has pics of their aftermarket headlights please post or send me the link!

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Apexcone-Raptor-HID-Kit

6000k low beam, 3000k fogs. works perfectly.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39553560@N00/

2010LR4HSE

Reaction score
Thanks ycharlie for the links to the pictures. I don't really like the blue tinge on the lowbeams, but the foglamp color looks great.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks ycharlie for the links to the pictures. I don't really like the blue tinge on the lowbeams, but the foglamp color looks great.

that... is just poor white balance of the pix. the output is actually pure white.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the after-market Xenons really push that blue-look which is a little ricer for my taste. If you notice, OEM HIDs are much more subtle and white/yellow - not blue/purple-like.

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ycharlie - i am about the order the hids from ddmtuning...did you had to order any other accessories and is it a true pnp install? also, do you have pictures of where you mounted the ballast? TIA

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ycharlie - i am about the order the hids from ddmtuning...did you had to order any other accessories and is it a true pnp install? also, do you have pictures of where you mounted the ballast? TIA
no other accessories. i mounted the ballast right behind the bulb cover for the low beam with a double sided tape. for the fog i mounted it somewhere down there, where ever there's room. you have to take your time to hide the wires and use the seal that it comes with so you wont get any moisture in your housing. sorry i didnt take any pix... didnt think it was pix worthy as it was pretty simple. but then again i've installed kits on many other cars so this wasnt my first time. if anything, just post questions here with pix and we can guide you through. :D

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ycharlie - i got the hid kit but when i plugged everything in, the lights would come on for about a second and then it would turn off. I got the same DDM kit...did u run into this?

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ycharlie - i got the hid kit but when i plugged everything in, the lights would come on for about a second and then it would turn off. I got the same DDM kit...did u run into this?

did you get the 35w or 55w bulb? also, how is the outside temperature where you are at?

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the 35w and outside temp is nice at 65. it looks like a power issue where the ballast is not getting enough power but i don't know what's causing it?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM