Heated Windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see them, but it doesn't bother me much. They do work pretty though, as we had to drive home after ski trip, in blizzard conditions. Kept our windshield mostly clear when every one else on the road seem to be struggling with an iced up windshield.

I agree that the stock wipers suck big time. They never worked well in snow even when new. I'll probably replace them soon, so would love to get more opinions as to which wipers work well in LR4 in heavy snow conditions.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see them, but it doesn't bother me much. They do work pretty though, as we had to drive home after ski trip, in blizzard conditions. Kept our windshield mostly clear when every one else on the road seem to be struggling with an iced up windshield.

I agree that the stock wipers suck big time. They never worked well in snow even when new. I'll probably replace them soon, so would love to get more opinions as to which wipers work well in LR4 in heavy snow conditions.

the wipers are fine. it's the arms that are crappy. i've driven in a sleet storm where i got splashed with a load of wet snow from oncoming traffic and the arms totally failed. i had to get out of the car to readjust them. luckily, i did not have to re-tighten the screw in that weather condition.

as for the windshield lines i notice them but am not bothered by them. they are great in the winter.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I HATE the wiper blades on my LR4. POOR POOR performance with streaking everywhere. can barely see when it is raining. 1200 miles on the LR4, so I cannot attribute the $$$hitty performance to age. on my way to get new ones, most likely Bosch.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I HATE the wiper blades on my LR4. POOR POOR performance with streaking everywhere. can barely see when it is raining. 1200 miles on the LR4, so I cannot attribute the $$ performance to age. on my way to get new ones, most likely Bosch.
i think the blades are fine, just short lived. i replaced with the bosch since 5k and they seem to last longer so far.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the wipers are fine. it's the arms that are crappy. i've driven in a sleet storm where i got splashed with a load of wet snow from oncoming traffic and the arms totally failed. i had to get out of the car to readjust them. luckily, i did not have to re-tighten the screw in that weather condition.

as for the windshield lines i notice them but am not bothered by them. they are great in the winter.
I've had the wiper arms crap out too, but that was because there was a bolt not tightened. I haven't had any more issues with the arms once the bolt was tightened. See this thread that I started last year.

http://forums.landroverworld.org/showthread.php?t=20190

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had the wiper arms crap out too, but that was because there was a bolt not tightened. I haven't had any more issues with the arms once the bolt was tightened. See this thread that I started last year.

http://forums.landroverworld.org/showthread.php?t=20190

i've actually read your thread when the arms first failed. thanks for that. however when it encountered a heavy load it failed again... it's the torque rate of the bolts that's at fault as well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4