Hello from Austin, Tx

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joemamma1954

Reaction score
New to this forum. Acquirred an 03 and 04 Discovery a couple of months ago. Both needed/need work and have always looked to forums for knowledge and expertise. I am experienced, mechanically, so the head gasket job, ignition coil and wires were uneventful. Previous owner ran both with misfires and in turn, ruined the cats on their respective banks. Decided to go with the new Magnaflow Y-pipe with all new cats and new upstream 02 sensors. Got in the gaskets and cam chain and gears to repair bad oil leak on the front cover, and the 04 will be finished. I am installing a 2-din dvd receiver in the 03, along with headrest monitors for the kiddos.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
welcome to the forum.. sounds like your sorting them out well.

Joemamma1954

Reaction score
Thanks Joey, I went ahead and clicked your link for the horn buttons. I noticed the right one is poking out further than the left one on my 03. I found some of the round roof (04) rails on eBay for 80.00 and should be here tomorrow. My son is driving the 04 and I got a call and the front driveshaft had come apart (Sunday night), so I removed the one on the 03 and we replaced his on the side of the road. Got a new hd greasable one and put back on the 03. The one off the 03 had zerks on all the u-joints. I find these Disco's are either loved or hated, but they are easy to work on and with some research, parts can be found at a fair price. I also downloaded Rave Repair manual and the complete parts manual, all in pdf form. I look forward to making this my Dream Rover, and sharing my accomplishments and nightmares.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99