Hello From Nepal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will not drive my LR4 a single minute once the warantee expires. I will trade it in for a new one. This time I will lease.
Same here, baobay!

I may actually go the Range Rover route if they offer the hybrid. Not sure yet :)

-David

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here, baobay!

I may actually go the Range Rover route if they offer the hybrid. Not sure yet :)

-David
Hi David,
RR hybrid is out in the EU I think. Get the car buzz app for I pad. They have all the updates for all vehicles. Great app. Due to the size of my family, I will stick with the LR4 or LR5 if they come up with one the next couple of years.

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I want to say go for the LR4, the sheer distance from a service station definitely plays a big factor. I've had mine for just under 6000 miles with no issues at all and yes, I use it off-road, mud, water and snow although nothing I would call serious.

I think it's too early to tell regarding the 2010 and 11 LR models but I suspect that the quality and reliability has somewhat jumped since Tata bought them.

I don't think you would be looking at any catastrophic failures but with that distance, even something as simple as a window or display issue now becomes a major hassle.

It would have been easier if you hadn't test driven it. I did the same thing and got hooked, All other vehicle possibilities disappeared. That being said, I would buy another one tomorrow if I could.

Good luck with a very difficult decision.

Here's a link to my last review. Hope it helps:

http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21878

Marty

Rambonepali

Reaction score
Hi all I have been driving L/C all my life and my latest is 2003 4.2 turbo station wagon since last two years and I want change now so my ultimate choice is the Discovery 4, if this vehicle can run as workhorse for 3 years without trouble then that would be perfect for me.

Can u all tell me if this vehicle is that long lasting and if it can be a workhorse which can drive 2000 kms a month.please let me know as soon as cheers.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi David,
RR hybrid is out in the EU I think. Get the car buzz app for I pad. They have all the updates for all vehicles. Great app. Due to the size of my family, I will stick with the LR4 or LR5 if they come up with one the next couple of years.
Thanks, baobay!

I got the app now... Love it! I wonder what the LR5 will look like! :) I heard it will likely go back to Defender roots a bit? This could be cool, but have to wait and see. Yes, with your family, the LR4 is definitely the way to go as far as being roomy!

I'm so bad, I am already thinking about my next car!

-David

bali2002

Reaction score
Land Rover is keen to show that its plug-in diesel-hybrid concepts actually work, and has entered them in this years challenge.

The Range_e is based on a Range Rover Sport TDV6. While the concept retains the production vehicles 245-hp, 3.0-liter, V6 engine, it also gains a 69KW electric motor, which runs on a 14.2KW/h lithium-ion battery pack. This vehicle can be charged using a 240V household plug, and can propel this heavy 4×4 vehicle upto 20-miles on battery power alone.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99