Hello From Nepal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rambonepali

Reaction score
Hi friends this is my first post in this forum as I have just joined the community, Iam writing this so that I can get yr genuine suggestions and help regarding the latest Land Rover Discovery 4 2011 as iam planning to buy it.

As iam from Nepal and here our roads are not very good, we have all kinds of different roads from high hills to very muddy roads and I go off road a lot plus I go for long drive like 1000 kms with my entire family that is 7 adults and a baby every 3 months so, can u guys tell me if the LR 4 is the best buy, as I drove it last week I could feel that this was the best 4x4 I have ever drove but I have no clue about it's engine plus it's durability and reliability so iam just worried if I can trust this vehicle???

The most important thing for me is here in my country Nepal we have just one service center of LR in the capital city so if I get stuck 500kms away then I will have to wait for many days so guys IS BUYING LAND ROVER DISCOVERY 4 RELIABLE???

Thanx for your help.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello and welcome. The LR4 is an extremely capable and awesome vehicle. I love mine. But given what you just described, I would suggest you go with a Toyota land cruiser....

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello and welcome. The LR4 is an extremely capable and awesome vehicle. I love mine. But given what you just described, I would suggest you go with a Toyota land cruiser....

I agree with baobay. The land cruiser is bigger and extremely capable with a much better reliability.

Rambonepali

Reaction score
Thanx friends but at the moment I have the land cruiser station wagon 2003 and want to swap it with land rover discovery 4 new so was wondering if it would be a good deal and now I have driven my L/C for a long time I need a change, no question L/C is good but I want to go for the best so can u tell me if the disco 4 is better and equally reliable and durable as the L/C cheers mates.

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can , go with middle east version Land Cruiser.

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nono...I love my D4, but come to your point...They are not like the old series I or II they used to made.. And thats the reason you don't see Land Rover in Africa or UN anymore.....They all use TOYOTAs.....

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a Toyota; the new LR4 is more of a luxury vehicle than a workhorse. And if you get an LR4 cotrary to everyone's recommendations, you shall curse the moment you laid your eyes on this capricious beauty

DonMitsu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say the Land Rover is a heck of a work horse with good power, extremely capable off-road, great towing great interior space. But it will never be as reliable or inexpensive to maintain as the Japanese cars. The New Land Cruiser is probably not as capable off road. If Mitsubishi sells the Pajero/Montero in your country you'll get a vehicle comparable to the LR that will be more reliable and much less expensive to maintain.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The LR4 (or Discovery 4) is a great vehicle and extremely off-road capable. However, with what you describe, I would more likely go with the Toyota Land Cruiser because of it's better reliability. It's definitely a bit more "boring", but still luxurious, capable off-road, and much better long term reliability and retains its value. Keep us posted! :)

-David

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will not drive my LR4 a single minute once the warantee expires. I will trade it in for a new one. This time I will lease.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99