Help! Need a Sanity Check for LR4 Pricing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Argh! It can be frustrating when it was so close. But you're almost there.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We were lucky ours came into Georgia, a week early. Didn't even know there was a port there.

neezer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I realize this thread is about 11-12 months old, but, I'm curious ... it's been stated that, apparently, this time last year ... LR4s were literally in very few dealers' lots? What was going on nationwide with them, if true? Super low supply? I was told by a manager at the dealer (just got my car this past weekend!) that the US has been fortunate in getting quite a lot more LR vehicles that were originally destined to be built for and sent to China. But due to their economic slowdown over the past year or so, corporate diverted inventory ...

Anyway, are people nowadays able to negotiate better than a year or two ago? 5% off or even more?

I totally can confirm that LUX (now Landmark) leases are a bad idea as they're WAY more per month due to not just a bit more depreciation over an HSE, but I'd say more so due to the leasing banks/lenders assigning higher money factors to the LUX/Landmark models.

So, my advice to everyone looking to lease (I personally love leasing and it makes a ton of sense, most definitely for brand new cars) is this: Pick an HSE, not a LUX/Landmark. Then option it out as much as you like to reach the LUX MSRP levels etc. and you will STILL get a considerably better lease figure because of the aforementioned 2 reasons. Yes, I do realize a few features are not available at all for an HSE trim LR4, and also now it's 2016.5 season and those Silver pack cars are also around which are a new middle ground between HSE and Lux (Landmark) trims. But I was told by my sales manager that even the Silver Pack cars are assigned higher money factors over a straight-up LR4 w/HSE option...

FYI in case you're not aware, as of April 1st, prices of all 2016 LR4s went up $500 to start. This is the 2016.5 season...decision by LRNA...

I won't disclose figures here but I'll just say I think I did exceedingly well with my contract on my 62K LR4 :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut