******Help No Fuel Pressure*******

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

floridarover

Reaction score
I installed a new fuel pump on my D1 today. Initial installation was unremarkable. I drove to the store to get differential lube to change my front pinion seal. After changing the seal my D1 would not start, no fuel pressure. I turn the key and it sounds like the pump is running, however, there is no pressure in the fuel rail (at schrader valve). So I take the line off at the fuel filter (also new) and it will not pump into a bucket. I checked the harness and it is getting 12v to the pump (also checked fuse-which was mute because I don't think I could have power to the pump if the fuse was bad but I am running out of options). I pull the pump back out and can not find any cracks in the lines leading from the pump on the inside. I then checked the wiriing inside the pump with an ohm meter and there was continunity. Bad pump? Please help. It took a week to get my new pump in the mail, I don't want to be stuck.

Last edited:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Was the old one completely bad? If not put it back in and test, also check the relay on the passenger side foot well to ensure that the pump stays running... although it it is kicking on it should give you fuel. Could be a bad pump, but dang at the cost of these things I hope for your sake that is not the case.

floridarover

Reaction score
Thanks Joey! Where exactly is that relay? I checked the fuse under the hood but I am not familiar with the relay. If that relay was not working would it still be possible to have power at the harness on the tank? Many thanks for your help.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have power at the fuel pump at all times or just with the key on? Remember the pump should only energize for a few seconds when you first turn the key on, otherwise it should only come back on once the engine starts.

Relay is in the passenger foot well. This is not pointing to the pump relay, but it is one of these, just can't recall off the top of my head.

http://www.discoweb.org/reset/index.htm

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4