HELP! Should I be paying a RAG fee?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmag24

Reaction score
German,

Lol. I walked in like Rambo but then turned mouse. Didn't want to sacrifice losing out on the car so I ended up being the one that balked after all. I put up a fight but in the end, didn't want to deal with the haggling over $400. So net/net I ended up 1900 all in over invoice. Still a decent deal I guess. Absolutely thrilled with the car and color. I will try to post pics soon. Corris grey, ebony, walnut trim. Now if I can only get my wife to cave in and let me take the car to work one day. So far, I've only taken it for a spin around the neighborhood.

Izzyandsue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And the "RAG fee story" comes to a happy ending... Enjoy the truck, mine is also "my wife" and I love driving it as much as any sports cars. Hope you get to take it off-road soon, I liked the Land Rover school, they gave us great insight as to all the capabilities of the truck.

spizzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still a decent deal I guess.

Really really good deal compared to mine and I worked three dealerships against each other for 2 weeks straight. I would not think twice about the deal you got in terms of whether you got a deal or not. In my opinion, you did. Now have a great time with it!

Last edited:

magnumforc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess we don't get the RAG fee here in the US? Nothing in the invoice or sticker to reflect same. Bought two 2013 LR4's 5 months apart, a HSE and a HSE LUX and neither had any markups like that. We do get nailed with pretty high license fees in California, almost $500 on each vehicle due to what the state calls the Vehicle License Fee which is really a tax. The actual plate fee is only about 30 or 50 bucks but they tack on all sorts of other stuff. Not the dealers deal though. Doc feees are $80 and electronic titling and transfer fee is $29.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
German,

Lol. I walked in like Rambo but then turned mouse. Didn't want to sacrifice losing out on the car so I ended up being the one that balked after all. I put up a fight but in the end, didn't want to deal with the haggling over $400. So net/net I ended up 1900 all in over invoice. Still a decent deal I guess. Absolutely thrilled with the car and color. I will try to post pics soon. Corris grey, ebony, walnut trim. Now if I can only get my wife to cave in and let me take the car to work one day. So far, I've only taken it for a spin around the neighborhood.

LR4 at home is also the wife's car... Most LR4 drivers I encounter here in CT are women. It definitely makes for a great family vehicle, the best one, actually. We can fit 3 grandparents and both child seats when we get visits and still have room left in the back for the stroller and feeding booster chair.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the fees subject I paid $56,230 which was made out of:
MSRP $ 54,420
Discount $ 2,500
Window etching $ 169
Tax $ 3,667
Title & Reg $ 175

This is the same deal I got on the Range Rover Sport

magnumforc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice discount! Out here about the best that you can expect is $1500 off the sticker on the HSE or LUX packages. Dealer not interested in throwing anything else in either, maybe a break on upgraded wheels for which they are already scre*ing you on the price way over the outside cost just to roll it into the loan. I think the problem is they all have brand new stores and many sell Jaguar in the same store. Plus they are in the upscale Auto Parks where you don't get much of a discount on any upscale cars. Ford, Chevy, Dodge or Japanese/Korean imports get thousands off. British or German, fuggetaboutit.

My take is that the fuel costs will overshadow any savings we got. But then again, to be in the most luxurious, most capable SUV on the road is worth it to me. Especially when the weather goes bad on the road and you only have to hit a button or turn a knob and you leave everyone else in the snow or mud or water or all three!

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice discount! Out here about the best that you can expect is $1500 off the sticker on the HSE or LUX packages. Dealer not interested in throwing anything else in either, maybe a break on upgraded wheels for which they are already scre*ing you on the price way over the outside cost just to roll it into the loan. I think the problem is they all have brand new stores and many sell Jaguar in the same store. Plus they are in the upscale Auto Parks where you don't get much of a discount on any upscale cars. Ford, Chevy, Dodge or Japanese/Korean imports get thousands off. British or German, fuggetaboutit.

My take is that the fuel costs will overshadow any savings we got. But then again, to be in the most luxurious, most capable SUV on the road is worth it to me. Especially when the weather goes bad on the road and you only have to hit a button or turn a knob and you leave everyone else in the snow or mud or water or all three!

That's exactly it! I (like anyone else) like getting a discount but would have paid full MSRP to get one of the last V8 LR4 and V8 RRS. Nor do I complain about the MPG I get (16 on the LR4 and 12 on the RRS). If I had wanted fuel economy I'd have gotten an electric vehicle :stupid:

I think I got the discount because I was buying both at the same time and paying cash. I also got the rubber cargo mat for the RRS as a gift (I had the cargo mat for the LR4 from our previous Discovery 4) and all the rubber floor mats.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112