Help! Urgent! Suspension Drop!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I found out my rear passenger corner drops down about 1.5 inch after the truck sits for a few hours.
Took it to Land Rover Pasadena yesterday and they call me this morning @9 saying that my truck was "ready to pick up". "we found nothing wrong with the car, and even if it drops 1.5 inch, is within the factory speck"
What the hack? I have never seen a normal Land Rover with one side up and one side down.....and you tell me that is okay?????

8657476139_8d6a556cc6_b.jpg

8658582312_b68d06072e_b.jpg

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's most likely a bad/leaky cross link valve on the rear valve block assembly, but it can take a while to troubleshoot (if it's a small leak, you normally need to leave the vehicle with battery disconnected overnight to make sure it won't wake up and self level on its own, which could hide the real issue.) I am not surprised a dealer such as Pasadena would not bother troubleshooting it, that's exactly the type of service I used to get from them back in 2006 when I purchased my first (and last!) Land Rover from them.

When it becomes bad enough for the vehicle to look totally crooked after a short amount of time, they'll probably look into it. Hopefully, you will still be under factory warranty. Keep all the paperwork that says "No problems found", just in case. Or, go see another dealer.

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really appreciated your input here. I went in and leave the truck there for one more day, and also contact the Land Rover NA opened a case. I will try another dealer if they still bullshiting....

Last edited:

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it the rear that drops? 90% of the time my rear end would drop about an inch after I parked it. Are you sure that's not what's going on? They can tell if it's leaking or not. One of mine went out of order and it was easy for them to check - it also threw a fault. Does this happen at the same spot you park it or everywhere? Sometimes mine would only drop a little on one side... depending on the evenness of the pavement.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I notice when I park on a street that is not level, after I put it in park it will auto level. So one side will be different than the other.

It's a feature, not a bug. If the dealer had it on a level garage floor, then they wont see it drop or level.

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it is on even ground, and only occur to the right rear corner. The truck is one side up and one side down....

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it is on even ground, and only occur to the right rear corner. The truck is one side up and one side down....

Have you ever had the rear end adjust after you parked? You can hear it pretty clearly. It makes a sudden zipzap... pisssss sound. Then one side will drop about an inch or so.

Even my new RRS does this. Sometimes just one side. And when you say even, it may not be as even as you may think. Just a thought.

BTW, my LR4 was ass high. Are any of yours this way? I never really liked that look. I see some LR4s that are pretty level... and I see some where the rear is up real high. My LR4 was this way, I didn't like it. If was if it "thought" there was a load in the rear. haha... And sometimes, after getting like 10 bags of stone for landscaping, the rear would be insanely high for like a week until it figured out the stones were long gone.

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyway, I will know it by tomorrow.
FedEx delivered my new rim today. I will put some new rubber on and add a full size spare..

lmwong

Reaction score
OP, a517458

Did you ever get this figured out? I'm having a similar issue on my '12. The left rear of the car sits higher than the right about 0.5-1 inch, noticeable when parked. It looks crooked.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suggest disconnecting the battery overnight, the Lr4 will not be able to self level. You'll then see if you have an air leak if 1 corner has dropped.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM