Help!!!!!!!! Wont Start!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

djrazr

first off its an 02 HSE and im in california
I'll first start a couple months ago. Battery died on me so i got a new one at the dealer. Put in new battery and right after i put in the new batter

1) i cant alarm RR from remote
2) a/c stopped blowing cold air
3) nav stopped working
4) windows not set
5) radio worked but can't adjust volume up or down

i fixed the windows but nothing else

Just the other day, she would not start. I started getting gear box fault, abs fault, a clacking noise, and lights flashing, then all of a sudden i could arm my alarm from my remote so something went crazy. I took the battery in and had it tested = bad battery

Took the battery back to the dealer to get it xchanged with no problem. So now i go to pop my hood from inside and now the hood wont open. The left side of the hood pops up but not the right drivers side. The right side is shut closed and i dont want to tweak the hood. All im trying to do now is install this new battery and see what happens but i cant open my hood

suggestions please..my main focus is to pop the hood open

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Have someone else pull the hood release, while you lightly tap the hood on the side that doesn't want to come up.

As I was reading this it sounded like a bad battery, but I would also have the alternater checked just to be sure.

F

FordCrusherGT

The hood not being able to be opened would have nothing to do with the battery, as that is all mechanical (unless they updated something by '02 that's different than my '97). Yes, having someone hold the release while you tap on the non-releasing side with your fist (don't be afraid to be fairly harsh on it) is a good idea and will hopefully get it up. Your hood release mechanism may be damaged, and if that's the case I would first wonder if the dealership did anything. The right side is where the battery is (assuming you're talking right side from the driver's seat), so it's possible something is catching there.

See where having the new battery puts you, and definitely also check the alternator to make sure you are getting proper voltage (somewhere in the 13-14V range is what you want). If you get an "alternator fault" message it probably has to do with having the alternator replaced. Try revving the engine a hair - sometimes if the contacts to automatically make the alternator start charging aren't in the best of shape then revving the engine to get the alternator up in charging amps a bit can get it to catch. This is very common on older "1-wire" style alternators.

Once you get a good battery and confirm a properly working alternator, then check the other stuff. Everything you're talking about sounds like it could be a bad battery, but I'm not sure otherwise. Those kinds of problems to all happen at the same time don't sound to me to be otherwise the sorts of things that would coincide. I am also very surprised that a dealership would return a car to you in that condition.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99