Here I go,,,won't start.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

edh

Reaction score
I went out today to run to the store and my 1996 LR Discovery would not start. It was turning over but would not start or fire.
I have no idea what the problem is but I decided to clean the battery posts and cable connections. After I did this, I was not getting any power at all to the vehicle. I did a load test and the battery is weak so I'm going to pick up another tommorow. I doubt that this is my problem but thought I'd check here for further ideas on what to check before going to the extreme and having it taken to the local dealer.
Would a weak battery cause problems like this?
There was no indication of trouble before,,no warning lights etc.

Need help up here in the cold north..

Ed

There's a notice from the web site that says I've never posted here before, so I'll say Hi to everyone here as well as in the introductions forum. I've lurked here a bit tho.

99d2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you live in the Great White North, I think it is highly likely your fuel line is frozen.

edh

Reaction score
Hi 99
Yes thats possible. The LR is parked in a heated garage but the heat is tuned down quite low. After changing the Battery I'll try to locate the gas line filter and change it. I do have gas line antifreeze in the tank. I have seen gas line filters collect ice pellets that almost look like gell.

Ed

mpd6868

Reaction score
Hello yall from Memphis. I have a 98 Disco, I purchased some jump seats on ebay but no idea how to install them. Anyone have instructions? Thanks.

AlexDisco

Reaction score
I just had a simular situation, and it was frozen fuel. New/Strong battery is a must in our climate (Minnesota). By the way does anyone know which OPtima battery fits Discovery 1

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
the battery could also could be your issue if it will not turn over and even attempt to start.

wolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi;

I had no problem installing the Optima Red in my 1997 Disco - I am thinking of putting the Optima Yellow in the other side (i.e., where the jack-bottle is currently located) and then getting the appropriate wiring/switch etc. from Atlantic British.

Wolf

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM