HID installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now we´re talking! Looks like a nice setup and fairly easy to do.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now we´re talking! Looks like a nice setup and fairly easy to do.
Hello alexcorral,

Yes, it was very easy! I am really happy with the outcome - it's amazing!

Are you planning on doing the upgrade? The kit is shipped from China, so I am sure they will send to Panama.

We are all here to help you through it.

-David

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Count! I seriously recommend the upgrade. The pictures do not do it justice - looks awesome in person. Definitely steps above the CVs!

Are you thinking of doing it? :)

Hi David,

So guess what!

One of my CVs just blew. IMO, pretty short life span. And would likely buy two more bulbs and that's around 40 bucks or so.

So... should I just go for the HIDs?

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to order them today -

But I have a question... the CVs are 55w (as well as other H11 bulbs), but David mentioned he got the HIDs in 35w... should I get them in 35w or 55w? Also, I'm going to get 5000K instead of 6000K, but also noticed a few bonus items and not sure if I need them or not.

What is the usual order in total?

35w (or 55w)
Slim Balast

Do you need any of this other stuff? I'm assuming no for sure on the Error Eliminator... but not sure about the other two.

HID Harness Dual in, Dual Out $15.00
Error Eliminator Type 3 $15.00
Adaptor cables

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll second you on the 5000K over the 6000's. The color is more of a "lightning white" and very close to LR OEM ( I have the DDM 5000K in or E Class), very little blue. Finlayforprez would be more inclined to answer your questions on wiring though. I know on our car I had to run the Error Eliminator, with no additional wiring.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll second you on the 5000K over the 6000's. The color is more of a "lightning white" and very close to LR OEM ( I have the DDM 5000K in or E Class), very little blue. Finlayforprez would be more inclined to answer your questions on wiring though. I know on our car I had to run the Error Eliminator, with no additional wiring.

Thanks for the feedback EIGHTLUG. Really appreciate it. :proud:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM