HID installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I did the HID upgrade today after work and it came out awesome! I did take some pictures, so I will post them tomorrow. It was really easy, except a little challenging to find a good place to tape the ballast. Let me say, the difference in lighting is INCREDIBLE! Seriously, the lights look great and are so crisp and bright. I am really impressed by the easy plug and play install of the DDM kit and the light output and look exceed my expectations.

I used the extra light caps and drilled a 1 inch hole in the middle. This works great for fitting the wires through and then the rubber ring. Just to reinforce the seal, I wrapped it in electrical tape inside and out and it's extremely moisture proof now. I found that it was easier to put the wires through the light caps and get them ready first. As for the rubber thing, washer, and plastic bottom to the light protector, I took those off by slipping the first two over the bulb carefully. The bottom plasic thing I just snapped I'm half to come off.

I will explain more of where I put the ballasts, etc.

Pictures coming soon... If anyone out there is thinking about doing upgrade, do it, it's the best!!!!

Thanks, David

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I did the HID upgrade today after work and it came out awesome! I did take some pictures, so I will post them tomorrow. It was really easy, except a little challenging to find a good place to tape the ballast. Let me say, the difference in lighting is INCREDIBLE! Seriously, the lights look great and are so crisp and bright. I am really impressed by the easy plug and play install of the DDM kit and the light output and look exceed my expectations.

I used the extra light caps and drilled a 1 inch hole in the middle. This works great for fitting the wires through and then the rubber ring. Just to reinforce the seal, I wrapped it in electrical tape inside and out and it's extremely moisture proof now. I found that it was easier to put the wires through the light caps and get them ready first. As for the rubber thing, washer, and plastic bottom to the light protector, I took those off by slipping the first two over the bulb carefully. The bottom plasic thing I just snapped I'm half to come off.

Pictures coming soon... If anyone out there is thinking about doing upgrade, do it, it's the best!!!!

Thanks, David

excellent.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Thanks, David
Nice David!
Isn't the light output great? Not too bright, but certainly much crisper and brighter than halogens. I am happy you did it.
George

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice David!
Isn't the light output great? Not too bright, but certainly much crisper and brighter than halogens. I am happy you did it.
George
Hey George,

Absolutely! The light output is amazing... Far better than I expected, though the pictures do not do it justice. I am really happy with the product... Definitely recommend doing it. The CVs were great, but these are several steps above those! The crisp, white light just illuminates the road really well.

Oh, and I passed by TWO cops last night while coming back from the grocery store and neither of them did anything. Of course, one was sitting there trying to catch speeding and I drove right by him and he did not stop me. I did not think he would though because the lights definitely are really bright, but look a lot like OEM HID lights. I see European cars with these all the time here in CA.

I'll post pictures later. I am trying to get another shot but my camera sucks - doesn't do it justice!

Thanks again George and ycharlie!

-David

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HID PIctures

Hello everyone,

My apologies, as these pictures are just not that great, but hoping to have my friend take some better night pictures soon. I hope you can get the idea from these pictures. Trust me, it was the BEST upgrade I have done yet - really awesome!

As I said in my previous post, I drilled a 1 inch hole in the light cap and then put the bulb through and reinforced with electrical tape:

photo-2.jpg

I pre-assembled the units with the caps, then when you take the plastic covering (protects the bulb) off, you can slip the rubber and plastic rings carefully over the bulb. The bottom of the plastic protector I just broke in half and took it off the wires. Here is the set-up:

photo.jpg

I put everything together and taped (double-sided outdoor quality) the ballast to this location on the passenger side:

photo-1.jpg

I could not really take a picture of where I taped the ballast on the driver's side, but it was on the metal part basically up under the containers of fluids... But, away from everything. It worked out quite nicely.

I can only post a few pictures at once it seems, so the rest to follow...........

-David

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More HID Pictures...

Here is a shot during the day, I wish you could see the bluish tint, but it's hard to capture that in the day time picture:

photo-5.jpg

Here are a couple of night pics, here you can see the great light output, but it's a bit too bright and hazy - you can't even see the LED accent lights in these pictures, but I hope it gives everyone a good idea of the light output until I can get better pictures from a camera with a night setting and filter.

photo-4.jpg

photo-3.jpg

I will post more pictures later...... Again, if you don't have the OEM HID lights, this really has impressed me and I am really happy with the product. Sorry for the poor quality pictures.

-David

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a shot during the day, I wish you could see the bluish tint, but it's hard to capture that in the day time picture:

photo-5.jpg

Here are a couple of night pics, here you can see the great light output, but it's a bit too bright and hazy - you can't even see the LED accent lights in these pictures, but I hope it gives everyone a good idea of the light output until I can get better pictures from a camera with a night setting and filter.

photo-4.jpg

photo-3.jpg

I will post more pictures later...... Again, if you don't have the OEM HID lights, this really has impressed me and I am really happy with the product. Sorry for the poor quality pictures.

-David

There you go David. Nice ! Glad you're happy with it. HUge difference between these and the CV's and unbeleivable difference between these and the crappy stock bulbs...

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There you go David. Nice ! Glad you're happy with it. HUge difference between these and the CV's and unbeleivable difference between these and the crappy stock bulbs...
Thanks, George!

Yes, HUGE difference... Seriously, it's amazing. I highly recommend the upgrade. The signs on the road light up like crazy now! So far it does not seem to be blinding drivers, as I think the cut off is excellent. Like I said, I've driven by cops and none have even looked twice. Hehe!

And, trust me, the cops in my very boring yuppie city would love to pull people over for something stupid like a headlight.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9