HID installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i agree. i didnt think of taking pix of the installation or modifying the cap. just thought it was common sense if i do pull my headlights out again i'll take detailed pix.

the worst part was installing the leds because i kept changing the bulbs to brighter ones. too many screws involved.

i dont think i had to seal the fogs as it was easier. dont remember.
Hey ycharlie,

Do you mean you changed out the LED accent lights or the side lights that came on the 2010 LR4 (non-Lux) without accent lights? I was going to install those LED bulbs until I realized I did not have juice to that bulb! :) But, I do have the LED accent lights.

Thanks!

-David

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently upgraded to the Philips CVs but I'm still curious about the HID upgrade kit. One question (for now, at least) - are the bulbs used in the DDM kit proprietary or are HID bulbs generally interchangeable regardless of what kit/installation you have? (their web site states: "Will this HID kit work on my vehicle? Simply put, yes; we have our own bulbs, not sold anywhere else, in every bulb type."). I would worry that if they stopped offering the HID bulb for this kit for any reason, I could be stuck with a useless upgrade that would need to be swapped out when it is time to buy new bulbs. Any input on this point?
Hey goblue,

I have not yet installed the kit, doing it this weekend, but friends of mine who installed the DDM kit in their BMWs have switched out the bulbs with other bulbs. I hope this helps!

-David

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just received the HID kit in the mail and my spare light caps arrived at the Land Rover dealership. I am really impressed with the quality, and George, I definitely see what you mean about the rubber sealing the light unit well and no need for tape.

I will take a few pics of the kit before, during, and after..... I'll try to be specific for those who want to do the upgrade.

-David

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stopped by Land Rover and picked up my light caps yesterday (they were special ordered from the UK). They were setting up for the Range Rover Evoque unveiling. I actually got a chance to take a look at the Evoque inside and out, and while it's not my thing, it's quite a sharp car. The inside was really nice!

So, I have my HID kit and extra light caps and I am ready to install tomorrow! :)

Lots of pictures to follow..................

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stopped by Land Rover and picked up my light caps yesterday (they were special ordered from the UK). They were setting up for the Range Rover Evoque unveiling. I actually got a chance to take a look at the Evoque inside and out, and while it's not my thing, it's quite a sharp car. The inside was really nice!

So, I have my HID kit and extra light caps and I am ready to install tomorrow! :)

Lots of pictures to follow..................

good luck. let us know if you have any questions.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good luck. let us know if you have any questions.
Thanks, ycharlie!

Is there any particular drill bit size you used to drill the small hole in the light cap? I know baobay said that he drilled the hole about the size of a nickel and it worked out fine. The caps are pretty hard rubber, so I want to make sure I do it right. Plus, the extra caps cost me almost $60 bucks. But, worth it in my eyes! :)

Thanks so much!

-David

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, ycharlie!

Is there any particular drill bit size you used to drill the small hole in the light cap? I know baobay said that he drilled the hole about the size of a nickel and it worked out fine. The caps are pretty hard rubber, so I want to make sure I do it right. Plus, the extra caps cost me almost $60 bucks. But, worth it in my eyes! :)

Thanks so much!

-David

as long as the hole is big enough to pass each plug through, and you want to pass them 1 at a time, you'll be fine.

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a Uni-Bit to drill the hole. I believe it was 3/4", don't quote me on that.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips, everyone! :)

I am going to take pictures of the parts, the process, and before and after lights :)

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey ycharlie,

Do you mean you changed out the LED accent lights or the side lights that came on the 2010 LR4 (non-Lux) without accent lights? I was going to install those LED bulbs until I realized I did not have juice to that bulb! :) But, I do have the LED accent lights.

Thanks!

-David

sorry, i didnt even see this. yes, i changed the accent bulbs with these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002QA386A/ref=wms_ohs_product_img_T2

much brighter and matches the hids very well. i didnt like the hids with stock amber accents.

also changed the blinkers with:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003EWH4VO/ref=wms_ohs_product_img_T2

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635