HID installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will try to take some pics of mine. The HID light is much brighter and sharper than the CV Ultra. The CV is a step above the stock halogens and the HIDs are a few steps above the CVs. If you're happy with the CVs then keep them. All the cars I've had before had the HIDs, so I wasn't really satisfied even with the CVs. Now with the HIDs, I am finally happy. Very very easy install. I will take pics of where I mounted the ballast. I did not want to put holes in the cover, so I used electric and duct tape to hold the cover and close the gap where the HID wires run. That way I can remove the entire HID KIT very cleanly and no one would know it was even there...

tim-in-ca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will try to take some pics of mine. The HID light is much brighter and sharper than the CV Ultra. The CV is a step above the stock halogens and the HIDs are a few steps above the CVs. If you're happy with the CVs then keep them. All the cars I've had before had the HIDs, so I wasn't really satisfied even with the CVs. Now with the HIDs, I am finally happy. Very very easy install. I will take pics of where I mounted the ballast. I did not want to put holes in the cover, so I used electric and duct tape to hold the cover and close the gap where the HID wires run. That way I can remove the entire HID KIT very cleanly and no one would know it was even there...

Thanks. I've had HIDs on last 3 cars (and current 750) ... I may consider the upgrade as well once I see your pix. Thanks for the help bud!

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Can't wait to see pics. Do you think though that you may get moisture/fog in the light well?

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see pics. Do you think though that you may get moisture/fog in the light well?

I sealed it pretty well with the electric and duct tape. I don't think that will happen. If it does, I would have to make the hole in the cap. I would like to avoid that however, unless I could get a couple of new caps as backups.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK guys,
here are some pics. Did not take night pics since I am very busy with our 5 month old twins. Trust me the light is spectacular at night. I have the CV Ultras in the high beams and the fogs. NOte how much whiter and brighter the HIDs are. I ended up making a hole in the cap cover. They match very well with the LEDs in the side markers. entire mod took 15 minutes per light while watching one of the babies.

Attachments

• IMG_0081.JPG
    IMG_0081.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0083.JPG
    IMG_0083.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0086.JPG
    IMG_0086.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sick! DDM makes a great product! Nice install bro.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one more pic

Attachments

• IMG_0088.JPG
    IMG_0088.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 148

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sick! DDM makes a great product! Nice install bro.

Thanks. Was quite easy and beleive me I not a hands on car guy. Great lighting. They also make a 55Watt KIT, but that one is too bright. ALl the OEM HIDs in all vehicles are 35W as far as I know. If you go with 55W it will be too bright and may cause glare to oncoming traffic.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one more pic
Hey baobay,

I LOVE IT!!! I want to get it, but since mine is a lease, just nervous about having any issues. I am wondering if I could find an extra cap that I could use when I replace my lights back to factory? You stated that you ended up punching a hole in the cap, which seems better for making a seal, but I would imagine if you don't do much off-roading, the tape would work out fine? Though, I am going to look around for an extra cap.

Have you been able to find one? Also, I know you provided the URL to the kit, could you provide the specific product on their website? Were the bulbs included? THANKS!

-David

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut