HID installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found the light caps, they are parts: 13K046A and 13K046B.... I have not been able to locate them online, but here is a good catalog schematic:

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic57784.html

I am going to call my LR dealer and see if they can order me these caps, that way I will feel better about having spare ones to return it to factory if needed. Thanks!

-David

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
baobay, quick question. Did you have to install the resistor inline with your kit to bypass the "headlight out" indicator, if there is one on the LR4. I had to do that for our E class to avoid the warning. I installed the 55W in our car and they are BRIGHT!!! I had to re-aim the beam a lot lower. They just flood the road now and illuminate road reflectors an easy 300 yards away. Basically the closest thing to driving in daylight.

And Finlay, the kit is an all inclusive plug-n-play. Bulb, ballast, harness, and resistor (if needed).Even if you added the resistor, it's also plug-n-play. As far as the holes go, I'd just reinstall some 3/4" rubber plugs when you turn the vehicle in. No one would be the wiser. Or just buy new plastic covers. I'm sure they couldn't cost too much. That being said, it'll be the best 60-70 bucks you've ever spent and you'd kick yourself for ever purchasing the CV bulbs when you could have true plug-n-play HID lights for just a little more.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not think anyone will look at the caps when the car is returned after a lease but in case something unrelated went wrong, they would blame everything on the HIDs. Don't forget, it is Land ROver we are dealing with. I will order the caps if they are not that expensive. I own the car, but I would like to put new caps in when I trade it in, in order not to screw the next guy if they decide to go off roading, or I may just leave the HIDs in there.
The KIT is not all inclusive. It comes with the ballasts (2) and the bulbs(2). Why pay extra for all the other stuff if you don't need it. I think it was $40 total plus 15 Shipping. No need for a code canceller (resistor) and no need for a harness. Just the bulb and ballast and Plug and play Baby!!!!!
The harnes ius needed for cars that have small gage wires and cannot supply enough juice to power the HIDs. The LR wires have Plenty of Juice and there have been no issues what so ever. ycharlie has been running the same KIT for quite a long time and has had no issues that I know of.

Last edited:

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey baobay,

I LOVE IT!!! I want to get it, but since mine is a lease, just nervous about having any issues. I am wondering if I could find an extra cap that I could use when I replace my lights back to factory? You stated that you ended up punching a hole in the cap, which seems better for making a seal, but I would imagine if you don't do much off-roading, the tape would work out fine? Though, I am going to look around for an extra cap.

Have you been able to find one? Also, I know you provided the URL to the kit, could you provide the specific product on their website? Were the bulbs included? THANKS!

-David

Hi David,
Tape would work just fine. YOu can easily get a GREAT seal with tape. I just had a few minutes and decided to try it and it worked great and looks very clean, as if it was instaled by the factory. The kit is the 35 WATT 6000k kit. I got the slim ballast, even though you do not need it since there is plenty of space for the standard balast. The slim ballast is $10 more. http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W
This is the link to the one I got.
George

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi David,
Tape would work just fine. YOu can easily get a GREAT seal with tape. I just had a few minutes and decided to try it and it worked great and looks very clean, as if it was instaled by the factory. The kit is the 35 WATT 6000k kit. I got the slim ballast, even though you do not need it since there is plenty of space for the standard balast. The slim ballast is $10 more. http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W
George
Thanks, George!

This is exactly what I am looking for - looks great!!! I will definitely order the same kit and give it a try. Like I said in a previous post, I found the part numbers for the light caps, so I will call my dealership and see if I can get them to order caps. I will change the light bulbs back to the CVs when I bring the LR4 in for servicing and definitely when I turn in the lease. I don't want them to think anything went wrong because of the HID kit lights.

I appreciate all your help and will definitely keep you posted......

-David

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi David,
George
Hey George,

I just ordered the kit! :) I am hoping it arrives before next weekend so I can install. I will let everyone know about the extra caps as well (cost, etc.). If I can pick-up a couple more, I will definitely drill a hole in mine. Stay tuned..........

-David

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, George!

This is exactly what I am looking for - looks great!!! I will definitely order the same kit and give it a try. Like I said in a previous post, I found the part numbers for the light caps, so I will call my dealership and see if I can get them to order caps. I will change the light bulbs back to the CVs when I bring the LR4 in for servicing and definitely when I turn in the lease. I don't want them to think anything went wrong because of the HID kit lights.

I appreciate all your help and will definitely keep you posted......

-David

I don't think you have to take the HIDs out every time the car needs servicing. I don't think they'll even notice. Especially on the drivers side. They won't see anything. Good. Luck with the KIT. it really is an easy install and the results are worth it. Let us know about the caps also.
Thanks,
George

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think you have to take the HIDs out every time the car needs servicing. I don't think they'll even notice. Especially on the drivers side. They won't see anything. Good. Luck with the KIT. it really is an easy install and the results are worth it. Let us know about the caps also.
Thanks,
George
Thanks, George!

That's great advice. I guess I will only remove the lights if there was an issue, as I would not want them to void any warranty if they believe the lights caused anything. I am going look into ordering the light bay caps today, as my dealership has an online ordering system. Just one quick confirmation.... Take a look at this schematic:

I should order the 13K046A caps right, NOT the 13K046B?

I just want to make sure those are the caps that you punched a hole in - it appears the 13K046A caps seal the H11 low beams. Let me know, thanks!

I'll keep you posted!

Regards, David

Last edited:

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, George!

That's great advice. I guess I will only remove the lights if there was an issue, as I would not want them to void any warranty if they believe the lights caused anything. I am going look into ordering the light bay caps today, as my dealership has an online ordering system. Just one quick confirmation.... Take a look at this schematic:

I should order the 13K046A caps right, NOT the 13K046B?

I just want to make sure those are the caps that you punched a hole in - it appears the 13K046A caps seal the H11 low beams. Let me know, thanks!

I'll keep you posted!

Regards, David

Yes David,
It looks like the A part. Just to confirm. You ordered the H11 HID kit. Not the H7. The H11 is the low beam and the H7 is the high beam. You need the H11.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes David,
It looks like the A part. Just to confirm. You ordered the H11 HID kit. Not the H7. The H11 is the low beam and the H7 is the high beam. You need the H11.
Hi George,

Thanks for the confirmation! Yes, I ordered the H11 for the low-beam. Here is exactly what I ordered last night:

QTY Item Information Item Number Price
DDM HID Kit, 35W, H11, 6000K
Bulb Color: 6000K
Bulb Type: H11
Wattage: 35 Watt
DDM35W.H11.6000K $45.00

I will let you know about the caps.

Thanks, David

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members