HID installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Just installed an HID kit on my 2010 LR4 HSE. I ordered the kit from DDM tuning www.ddmtuning.com . I ordered the 35 Watt 6000k kit. Took 10 minutes a light to instal. Truly plug and play. I had the CV ultras in there before. the CVs were great but with the HIDs I am getting a much brighter and crisper light with a very well defined cutoff. All you need to do is remove the old bulb. Place the new one and make the connections. Mount the ballast with double sided tape and you are all set.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Just installed an HID kit on my 2010 LR4 HSE. I ordered the kit from DDM tuning www.ddmtuning.com . I ordered the 35 Watt 6000k kit. Took 10 minutes a light to instal. Truly plug and play. I had the CV ultras in there before. the CVs were great but with the HIDs I am getting a much brighter and crisper light with a very well defined cutoff. All you need to do is remove the old bulb. Place the new one and make the connections. Mount the ballast with double sided tape and you are all set.

toldya it was ez. did you do the fogs too?

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DDMTuning, good stuff. I used their kit on our E Class. I've been kicking around the idea of upgrading the fogs on our LR3 to HID. My only concern was, how well the electronics would hold up when fording water. I know the connections are water "resistant" but would you trust them to go underwater, repeatedly?

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DDMTuning, good stuff. I used their kit on our E Class. I've been kicking around the idea of upgrading the fogs on our LR3 to HID. My only concern was, how well the electronics would hold up when fording water. I know the connections are water "resistant" but would you trust them to go underwater, repeatedly?

when does the car frequently go under water though? the plugs are pretty good. i've had them on my lowered passat that's only inchess off the ground and that goes though floods whenever it rains. years after the lights have never failed.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Sounds awesome! I thought about doing this, but does it do anything to your electrical warranty? Plus my LR4 is leased.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds awesome! I thought about doing this, but does it do anything to your electrical warranty? Plus my LR4 is leased.

Does nothing to warantee. It's just like replacing a bulb with a ballast attached to it. No splicing or cutting and you can take it with you when you return the car. I am very happy I did it. True plug n play.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
toldya it was ez. did you do the fogs too?

. Yeah ycharlie. Thanks for the advice. Very easy and great result. I don't think I'll do the fogs now. Maybe later. I am really happy I did this. Thanks again.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
. Yeah ycharlie. Thanks for the advice. Very easy and great result. I don't think I'll do the fogs now. Maybe later. I am really happy I did this. Thanks again.

the fogs are SO much easier than the headlights.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does nothing to warantee. It's just like replacing a bulb with a ballast attached to it. No splicing or cutting and you can take it with you when you return the car. I am very happy I did it. True plug n play.
Thanks, baobay!

I am very curious to see pictures..... I may look into it.

tim-in-ca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, pix would be good ... I went thru the CV upgrade and am happy, but would be interested to know how good the HID upgrade is. Pix of the installation would be appreciated too!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA