Home Link For Series I Disco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dishsoap1

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I have a 96 Disco. I removed the compartment where the Homelink would go if installed, and noticed that it is already wired. My question is: Does anyone have any recommendations in finding one? I have tried Atlantic British, Various used car part sites, and Ebay. I didn't think it would be this hard to find one. I'm afraid to ask the dealer for a price, because I'll probably cry afterwards.

But if anyone has any advice or has a spare unit laying under their bed please let me know. Thanks a bunch!!!!

Tim
Dishsoap1

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Conact Will Tillery @ www.roverguy.com he always has spare parts for Rovers at good prices...

Tell him Joey sent you.

dishsoap1

Reaction score
Thanks Joey, your always helpful. I will get in contact with them tomorrow.

Tim
Dishsoap1

fire1427

Reaction score
keep an eye on ebay ... I got one for $20 shipped and installed it on my motorcycle in the glovebox...

dishsoap1

Reaction score
Alright so I just got my new homelink in the mail. The issue now is that the wiring adapter on the car side is different then the homelink side. Is there an adapter I can buy? The wiring on the Disco side looks like a four pin adpater. The homelink end is a four pin but its 2 on 2 and square shaped, not all in a row like the car. I was trying to remove the Homelink wiring from the unit cause the included wiring goes into a four pin adapter. But I was afraid of using to much force. Should I pull harder? Thanks

Dishsoap1

fire1427

Reaction score
I found a wiring pinout it showed color and what it was ...I think it was on my rave cd

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If you got it from Will, I would give him a call, he may have sent the wrong one or left some wiring on that you don't need.

dishsoap1

Reaction score
Yeah I contacted Will. He is gonna get back to my today. I was just trying more then one source.

How come my Post count got reset? I used to be a Landy Man. ;)

Dishsoap1

FFNPMcD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been following the post but I'm not quite sure what your talking about..
Is this the three button switch that can open garage door?
Are you trying to fit it by the sunroof controls?
Let me know if you get it to work.. I might concider investing in one..
Thanks,
Neill 96 Disco SE 7 90000

dishsoap1

Reaction score
Mine goes just forward of the front domelight. I think the 03/04 Discos only had it in the mirrors. I think I may have the Series two disco one, I'm still waiting to here the status of that.

But when it works, it will be way nicer then having to dig in the center console for the garage door opener. At least for me.

Dishsoap1

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635