hood decal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bcaese

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it is replacable if the dealer did it. Does the lettering actually fade? Mine is like a grey color is all of them the same color? Or does only a certain color of lettering fade?

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dark grey is normal, that is how they come when new. When they fade and the finish becomes uneven, the dealer will replace under warranty.

As others have mentioned, you can DIY removal of the lettering (a.k.a. debadge) using dental floss. Also, heating first with a hair dryer will help.

I might change mine to chrome, would love to see the instructions:biggrin:
You must resist the urge add more chrome :biggrin:

Last edited:

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe LR released new part #'s for the LAND and ROVER letter sets. 05's and 06's letters began to peel and chip. If you replace you want the new part #'s.

goinsurfin

Reaction score
i took mine into the dealer and had them replace both front and back lettering just before my factory warranty was up.

So you had the letters replaced under warranty??? Which dealer if you don't mind sharing..? Recently I requested to have them replaced b/c i do not see how in 3 years the paint on each letter is wearing off.. My dealer told me that the letters are wearing b/c of how i wash the truck and b/c each owner is different, LR will not warranty something like this... I cannot believe that a mild automotive soap and hand washing will erode the paint on these letters. on top of that, they want $285. to replace LAND ROVER...

goinsurfin

Reaction score
I believe LR released new part #'s for the LAND and ROVER letter sets. 05's and 06's letters began to peel and chip. If you replace you want the new part #'s.

do you or anyone else know the new part numbers? thanks.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also had my front lettering replaced under warranty without any problem. If they fade simply by washing the truck, then they are unfit for normal use and should be replaced.

Your dealer representative is being bone-headed. This is a common issue. Go to another dealer if necessary.

bcaese

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must resist the urge add more chrome :biggrin:

I know it can be addictive but the chrome letters look really good and I havn't seen anyone with it:smile:

right now I only have 20" chrome rims, chrome step bar, and chrome side mirrors.

the lettering would just be the finishing touch. cost about $300 and my letters are fine now, but if they start peeling...:biggrin:

goinsurfin

Reaction score
I also had my front lettering replaced under warranty without any problem. If they fade simply by washing the truck, then they are unfit for normal use and should be replaced.

Your dealer representative is being bone-headed. This is a common issue. Go to another dealer if necessary.

It's funny you suggest going to another dealer because i did. I drove 240 miles to Sarasota from Miami to have over $4000 in warranty work done. My local dealer, 10 minutes away wouldn't even do half the work i asked them to look at...Sarasota was extremely helpful in actually finding issues and addressing them.... I'll ask them again when i he back there..

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's funny you suggest going to another dealer because i did. I drove 240 miles to Sarasota from Miami to have over $4000 in warranty work done. My local dealer, 10 minutes away wouldn't even do half the work i asked them to look at...Sarasota was extremely helpful in actually finding issues and addressing them.... I'll ask them again when i he back there..

Southpointe Sarasota has been great for me when my original dealer in the Tampa area gave me crap about replacing my defective bluetooth module. The new servcie advisor at Southpointe even balanced my wheels for dirt cheap while I was there. He's really trying to turn things around there from what is has been in the past

I had trouble getting my letters replaced at first and it took the service manager some time to actually approve it. The letters were all peeling on both front and back. It took me telling them that my wife was planning on buying a new car from them in the near future but we would go elsewhere if needed.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4