Hood Lettering De-Badge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR4USN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I did any of it I would only cover the lettering and the grill.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good point....

SIDE VENTS
I did my front grill (though just the grill, not the surround body - the black design package has both the grill and surrounding body), front lettering, side vents, and rear lettering. I tried it all out with PlastiDip, but then had the trim professionally painted or I did it myself. I had my wheels powder coated. The only thing I am missing is the black side mirrors, door handles, and I do not have the full-length black roof rails (because I have a rack).

For $5.00 you can PlastiDip everything in just a few minutes, peel off the excess (it's actually really cool how easy it comes off), and there you go! :)

holygrail

Reaction score
Has anyone de-badged the hood lettering? A friend of mine photoshopped a photo of my car with the front "LAND ROVER" emblem removed, and I think it gives the truck a very unique, clean look. Still deciding though, but I'm definitely tempted. Let me know what you guys think.

Also, has anyone done this before? I would imagine that these come off pretty easily with some fishing line and Goo Gone after baking in the sun for a few hours...

I thought about doing that on my BMW a few years ago, but found out that it actually depreciates the value of the car when you sell it...unless you sell it to a person that likes that.

Typically, you would debadge if it's a lower model car, i.e. if you have a BMW 328 but hooked it up and made it look like a 335 or M3. But a LR4 is hardly lower model. Debadging looks good if you're blacking out the entire vehicle. Can I ask what made you debadge? Thanks.

V/r,
Chris

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about doing that on my BMW a few years ago, but found out that it actually depreciates the value of the car when you sell it...unless you sell it to a person that likes that.

Typically, you would debadge if it's a lower model car, i.e. if you have a BMW 328 but hooked it up and made it look like a 335 or M3. But a LR4 is hardly lower model. Debadging looks good if you're blacking out the entire vehicle. Can I ask what made you debadge? Thanks.

V/r,
Chris

Yeah I agree with you. I didn't end up de-badging, but blacked out the lettering instead. I agree with the others that the front "LAND ROVER" is very iconic. The photo from the first page was a photoshop that a friend of mine did.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo