Hood Lettering De-Badge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone de-badged the hood lettering? A friend of mine photoshopped a photo of my car with the front "LAND ROVER" emblem removed, and I think it gives the truck a very unique, clean look. Still deciding though, but I'm definitely tempted. Let me know what you guys think.

Also, has anyone done this before? I would imagine that these come off pretty easily with some fishing line and Goo Gone after baking in the sun for a few hours...

Attachments

• photo_3-14.jpg
    photo_3-14.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 197668_10201248304314408_348228936_n.jpg
    197668_10201248304314408_348228936_n.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 92

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's very easy! I did it for mine when I changed out my lettering for matte black (front and back of the truck). You basically use an old credit card or something and pry them off and then use alcohol to get any gunk off the truck. Very easy! It's a bit more challenging when you want to switch out the letters, but I created a post about doing that part.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The hood letters - Land Rover and Range Rover - are pretty iconic and fairly unique to the brand (save for a few copycats out there, such as the Ford Flex), I wouldn't remove them personally, but it's your car.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with Quijote and umbertob. The front lettering is iconic and looks great. I would vote to leave it on your truck, but maybe permanently replace the letters with black to match the rest of the trim on your truck. I did it and it came out awesome - very easy if you create a template. if you want some hints, let me know.

I think if you wanted to debadge anywhere on the truck, then go for the back - I actually had the "LR4" and "HSE" off my truck for a while before I replaced them with the black lettering. I also thought about replacing "LR4" with "Discovery 4".

-David

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why, oh... why?

I can't understand why you'd consider it.

LAND ROVER

But it's your car... so if you want them gone, goo gone.

BTW, I think the Land Rover lettering has way more presence than Range Rover. That's IMHO.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ditto. I'm no snob but wouldn't want the front of the truck to be mistaken for any of the look a-likes out there without it.

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, okay, I think you're all right. Passed a few other LR's and RR's today and the lettering definitely is iconic. Since that photo was taken, I have plasti-dipped the lettering matte black, which looks great. I think I'll leave it like that. Case closed! Thanks for the responses. :smile:

P.S. Definitely wouldn't want to be mistaken for a Ford Flex! LOL

Attachments

• IMG_2947.jpg
    IMG_2947.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 70

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, okay, I think you're all right. Passed a few other LR's and RR's today and the lettering definitely is iconic. Since that photo was taken, I have plasti-dipped the lettering matte black, which looks great. I think I'll leave it like that. Case closed! Thanks for the responses. :smile:

P.S. Definitely wouldn't want to be mistaken for a Ford Flex! LOL
;-) Though the rear may look good de-badged!

I think the PlastiDip is great because it's not permanent and a lot easier than making a template to get those darn letters just right. Mine came out great, but I was extremely careful and took my time. I would imagine that even one letter off would be noticable.

Speaking of looking like a Ford, gosh I have noticed so many higher end/Sport Ford Explorers on the road and I always think they are a 2013 Range Rover. The Discovery looks pretty distinct, except it does resemble the G500 (which I love) and maybe a few older Monteros or Isuzus? I actually also think a few years of the Honda Pilot (from the back - the lights) look like the older Range Rovers.

-David

rovernut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I debadge all my cars for two reasons, I like the clean look and HATE having to deal with wax accumulation around all the letters. My LR3 was debadged front and rear...I figure if you don't know what it is then too bad! I've done it to all my cars, from my wifes pedestrian Honda Odyssey's to my 911, Audi's etc....I have had lots of people suggest it looks like the cars have been hit and not re-badged but it really is the first thing I do at delivery.

I use dental floss, hair dryer and a little wax to get rid of any adhesive. Dental floss ensures there are no fine scratches in the finish.

I do love the look of the black on the white though....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo