How do you get into your 3rd row seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

toddjb123

I'm hoping I'm missing something obvious here...

I rarely use my 3rd row seats (for that matter, I rarely use the 2nd row seats and prefer to have everything folded flat for easier gear loading). Anyway, I used my 3rd row seats last weekend for the first time.

My friend (adult) tried out the back and the only way we could figure to get him in was to fold down the 2nd row seat and have him climb in the back. This was literally an on your knees crawl into the back seat.

Didn't complain too much once he was back there, but I'm hoping there is an easier 2nd row seat position or something for someone to get back there. I'd hate to have to load people myself every time if the directions are too complicated.

Thanks,

-todd

(on a side note I'm at 1900 miles and just started getting the published gas mileage. Averaged 18.4 on a highway trip this weekend. Finally!)

F

flowner

Yes, there is an easier way. There is a release on the side of the seat to get in. And another on the back of the seats to get out.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And if it's still confusing, read the (gasp) documentation. ;)

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
once you fold down the seat, there is a strap behind the 2nd row seat that you folded down(right where the seat folds) and pull the strap, it will release the seat and fold one more time forward and that's how you get into the back 3rd row seats.

I went over the stuff when we took delivery on the car, but after that, I just pull stuff and see what they do, hehe.

Last edited:
T

toddjb123

Thanks! Didn't even notice either of those two were there. Great!

Now I just have to go on a road trip with more people than my wife to see how those rear headphone & stereo controls work. That's a cool feature!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM