How long does it take you to detail your LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And even though you happen to have a brand new truck, don't think that it doesn't need the clay. I was shocked to see the crud that came off. The white clay turned dark gray pretty quickly. Run your hand over the surface after a wash. Chances are you will feel a little texture. If so use the clay. Makes a difference IMO.

dipan

Reaction score
I have tried many wax products over the years. If you have the time, I cannot recommend any product for longevity over the Zaino Brothers synthetic waxes. I get six months to a year of that nice wax protection when I am diligent and do it properly. Some other products do seem to give better shine, but none, in my experience lasts longer.

brokenneckcp

Reaction score
Complete Detail in and out: 2.5 hours

Unless it's paying you for all the rubbing, stop it. You're wasting time being redundant for no reason.

If you're going to use a spray wax, hit yourself. A good wax or sealant will leave the proper shine your Rover needs. Again, you're just wasting time with useless rubbing.

Keep this in mind: The more you rub your paint, the more often you will need to wax it.

Franky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And even though you happen to have a brand new truck, don't think that it doesn't need the clay. I was shocked to see the crud that came off. The white clay turned dark gray pretty quickly. Run your hand over the surface after a wash. Chances are you will feel a little texture. If so use the clay. Makes a difference IMO.

I believe its called rail dust. It happens to new vechicles while in transport on car carriers. I was just reading an article about a product to spray on your vechicle to remove iron. Apparently, they took a vechicle that was just clayed and sprayed this stuff on it and iron was still present in the paint. It almost looked like it dissolves the iron. Really interesting.

Franky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went crazy! I got a Flex 3401 (to replace my Dewalt DA) a bunch of pads to go with it. A new big bottle of Meguiar's #205. Pad conditioners and cleaners. Some waffle weave guzzler drying towels as well.
I love PS21 too! I just wish it would last longer.
I have been using Collinite’s Marque D’Elegance Carnauba Paste Wax (#915) for a while.
It is not quite as warm as P21S but it lasts for 6 months.

Let us know how you like the Flex. I had my eye on it, but I cant part with my Porter Cable. I also picked up Collinites 845 sealant to apply before the winter. Have you tried the 845 before?

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe its called rail dust. It happens to new vechicles while in transport on car carriers. I was just reading an article about a product to spray on your vechicle to remove iron. Apparently, they took a vechicle that was just clayed and sprayed this stuff on it and iron was still present in the paint. It almost looked like it dissolves the iron. Really interesting.

Wow. That must be some high tech stuff in order to do that and not harm the paint. I hadn't heard about that. But then again up until about a month ago I didn't know what detailing clay was. Interesting though.

LR4inAZ

Reaction score
An amazing wax

I just got my LR4 a month ago - decided to order some new waxes.... I have used Meguires, Zymol... all very good waxes... but then I ordered this kit online that contained 8 oz. Pinnacle Souverän Paste Wax... I have to say I have never seen shine like this before.... I used Meguires show time glaze as the first product on the paint - then buffed that off and then used the Pinnacle wax and all I could say was WOW. I have a porter gable buffer that really cuts down on application and removal... My wife saw the shine and told me I had to do her Infinity M35. Her paint looks awesome too...

The pinnacle paste wax is done by hand - and a little bit goes a long way after the glaze process. About one dab for each pannel of the LR4.

I spent 6 hours on the waxing and detailing both cars.... with a buffer. But even 3 weeks later they both look like I just finished them. We live in AZ and dust is always a problem... but they seem to be shedding the dust better or it could just be my imagination.

I think I will go wash and wax it now :hello:

Happy cleaning

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see some of you guys are talking about carnuba, paste waxes, sealants, etc. I don't that much about all of these. Differences. Pros vs. Cons. Can anyone explain this a little better?

LR4inAZ

Reaction score
Cleaning guides

great guides on this site.... I found it a couple weeks ago....

http://www.autogeek.net/forfavkit.html

you can also go to Groits garage and download a car detailing guide... I have it in PDF format.. very helpful too....

It will make you buy stuff you never knew about before...

But if you enjoy having the cleanest car on the block - check them out...

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
great guides on this site.... I found it a couple weeks ago....

http://www.autogeek.net/forfavkit.html

you can also go to Groits garage and download a car detailing guide... I have it in PDF format.. very helpful too....

It will make you buy stuff you never knew about before...

But if you enjoy having the cleanest car on the block - check them out...

Thanks this is exactly what I was looking for.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99