How long does it take you to detail your LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After I get my new CVs in I am going to give my truck its first bath and wax. I was curious to hear how long it takes you all to detail your trucks. It takes me about 4.5 hours to detail my fiance's Q5. There is a lot more real estate on the LR! I have had good success with Meguiars car care products. Anybody have any other suggestions?

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4.5 hours? Are you serious? WOW! You must leave it like the day it came out of the dealer's lot

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well yeah. Wash, rinse, dry off, apply wax, buff off wax, vacuum inside, clean the rims, clean the tires, windex the windows, Rain X the windows. It takes some time to do it right.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was the first application of wax I had put on it since we got it 6 mos ago. Going forward I now have the quick detailing spray so at least probably until Fall it won't take me as long to shine it up.

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My LR3 gets a nice serving of the clay bar annually and every four months or so it gets Zymol cleaner wax then polish. 4.5 hours is easily par for the course. It gets a nice hand wash and spray wax weekly, if not more. I hear, "I like you new Land Rover!" a lot.... and it has 94,000 miles on it. ;) It's been brutal here in Central Florida the past month. Love Bugs are out in full force!

Last edited:

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally leave the detailing to the professionals since I don't have the time to wax and buff with three kids. I have my cars detailed professionally once a year early summer. I do however hand wash and spray wax my LR4 weekly. Takes me a good 1 hour 30 minutes. Having a central vac outlet in the garage really helps with keeping the inside clean. I just baught a brush from auto zone which helped cut the wash time by a good 20 minutes.

eaglerover

Reaction score
Highly recommend zano brothers products...buddy of mine put me onto this company...quality products...

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never spray waxed any of my vehicles... how does that work?

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never spray waxed any of my vehicles... how does that work?

There are many companies that make spray wax. You spray the wax onto the clean vehicle and then buff it off. Some products you can spray on when the vehicle is wet. I use Eagle 1 Wax as You Dry.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are many companies that make spray wax. You spray the wax onto the clean vehicle and then buff it off. Some products you can spray on when the vehicle is wet. I use Eagle 1 Wax as You Dry.
Hey baobay,

Thanks for the suggestion! I still have not waxed my car yet, but looking to do it in the next couple weeks. I would like a good in between spray wax that I can spray and wipe. Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99