Long crank, no faults

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Partial throttle will rev the engine, I found out when wearing my winter boots and pressing on the brake pedal also happened to press on the gas. I was surprised by how much higher than normal the engine revved.

itsaguything

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All these years later… applying the technique of starting a carburetor fed engine, to a fuel injected engine managed by an ecm; will never bade well.

Rieseb

Reaction score
Crank sensors won't keep it from cranking.
Does the ignition turn on?
Yes, everything comes on. Power to the throttlebody, and igniters. I do smell fuel after a few attempts too but without runnong pressure tests I can't be for sure. My tester kit is coming Friday.

Adrien

Reaction score
New ground set up, car still starts up, voltage is still high and battery is now charging. I might just leave it like this if no one else finds the issue with what makes the resistance high on the regular configuration.

Only thing is one of my MAF Senser’s reads -30 volts which I don’t understand because it works just fine. Gas mileage is good and the car runs fine. Might just leave it unless I start getting a CEL or the car acts up.
Just heads up, this fix worked for months but noticed the wire insulation slowly melting... Last night bunch of smoke while driving and the wire had burned up lol... Time to try and replace the actual ground strap and see if that fixes it.

Maybe coincidence but my heated windshield and rear window were both on which I rarely do.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72