How many miles on your LR4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlyons11

Reaction score
2012 HSE with 113k miles ... no major issues post manufacturers warranty. Had steering column replaced under warranty as well as the fuel pump 3 times. I just had my control arms replaced which is expected around 100k. Most importantly it runs just like the day I purchased it!

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To add more to my original post, my 2012 LR4 has about 77k miles on it. I bought it in January 2016 with about 42k on it. It's a certified pre-owned vehicle and the warranty runs out the end of this year.

The previous owner had the water pump replaced. Not sure about the oil-change interval, but it was a lease vehicle and the service was always done at my dealer. I imagine the oil changes were done around every 15k miles, per LR recommendation.

Since I've owned it, oil changes are about every 6,000 to 7,000 miles with Mobil 1.

I put new pads and rotors on at about 55k miles, and again about 2 weeks ago. The EBC front rotors had started warping slightly with about 21k miles on them, so I replaced them with OEM rotors and Hawk pads.

Front lower control arms replaced at about 68k miles.

Crossover pipe replaced at about 60k miles.

The air compressor was replaced a few months ago at around 72k miles. I got an orange triangle warning light on the dash, and took it to the dealer. Dealer said compressor had gotten weak. Given mine is a 2012, I would have thought I had the AMK compressor, which is purportedly more reliable than the older Hitachi units. But I'm not sure what I had for certain. I do know that, since April 1, I had been working at a building that required me to the lower the suspension to access height every workday in order to park in the parking garage. So maybe that daily use caused something to go bad in the compressor?

Last winter, I convinced myself that I had timing chain guide issues, so I took it to the dealer. Dealer, however, didn't find anything, and further claimed my LR4 is running as good as any they've ever seen. I'm going to make another appointment before my CPO warranty runs out, though, and see if I can convince them to do the job.

Not really anything else. Wear-wise, my interior looks pretty damn brand new, and the exterior isn't too bad, considering the age and miles. Land Rover clearly uses quality materials.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wear-wise, my interior looks pretty damn brand new, and the exterior isn't too bad, considering the age and miles. Land Rover clearly uses quality materials.

I have to agree, and maybe I was lucky with both of mine. The 2011 I traded in had almost 100K miles and the ebony interior was still in great shape. No worn out spots at all, not even on the driver's side left bolster part of the lower cushion that takes a hit every time you get in/out of the vehicle. Carpet and dash and all wood trim, and the header were all in fantastic shape. Some of the vertical plastic parts in the rear cargo area had some abrasions from everyday use, but everything was solid. I do miss the Stornaway Gray vs my current Santorini Black. I just washed the 2013 and it needs a good polishing. Good project for my bachelor weekend.

Bogwhoppit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2010 LUX - 95,842 No air suspension issues - and that includes accidentally jumping it over a sand berm, with all wheels about 4ft off the ground lol.

My next project is either Waxoly the chassis, or treat it with Boeshield T-9, to keep our east coast corrosion at bay.

Last edited:

David-LR4

Reaction score
2012 HSE with 110k miles. Bought pre-owned with 72k miles 3 years ago. Replaced the water pump, battery, brakes, rotors, tires, etc.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to agree, and maybe I was lucky with both of mine. The 2011 I traded in had almost 100K miles and the ebony interior was still in great shape. No worn out spots at all, not even on the driver's side left bolster part of the lower cushion that takes a hit every time you get in/out of the vehicle. Carpet and dash and all wood trim, and the header were all in fantastic shape. Some of the vertical plastic parts in the rear cargo area had some abrasions from everyday use, but everything was solid. I do miss the Stornaway Gray vs my current Santorini Black. I just washed the 2013 and it needs a good polishing. Good project for my bachelor weekend.

Excellent point! I can't believe how nice the interior looks after 5 years and 86K miles of family abuse. I was just applying a coat of wax before winter and cleaned the seats with Lexol. Leather seats looks like new. This is after: kids in wet salt water bathing suits, lots of beach sand, a muddy & wet yellow lab, soaking wet rain gear, ice melting off ski jackets, hauling landscape supplies, building materials and so much other stuff that our vehicles excel at doing.

eli4x4

Reaction score
2012 HSE 60,000 miles
Changed the battery brakes rotors tiers front control arms bushes etc oil change every 5-7000 miles. She's my DD and enjoying every day with it

jpjp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2011 LUX HD with 96,*** miles.

Replaced under warranty
- Water pump
- sat receiver
- rear hatch assembly

Wear Items
- replaced front controls arms and bushings
- love the Terra Grappler G2 tires
- brakes
- battery
- complete AC system
- lug nuts

andy727

Reaction score
2012 HSE lux with 115,000 miles.

I recently changed the front rotors and pads....2nd set of pads, first new set of rotors.

My shop did the upgraded transmission pan and oil at 90k, with the thought to avoid any issues. What exactly goes wrong with our transmissions? I’m surprised to see that several have had to rebuild.

It is currently due for control arms. It’s clunking.

I don’t know anything about the timing chain issue either, so I guess I better listen for that.

No other issues...it been a great vehicle. I’ve actuallly been turning the idea of getting a new car over in my head, but can’t seem to come to terms with the idea, and nothing really excites me. I’m happy to see that we are pushing to higher mileages!

Best, Andy
Dallas, TX

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV