How many miles on your LR4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Krill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2011 LR 4 HD 168,000 and not a single issue. Just put Goodyear wrangler duratracts on and now it’s unstoppable off road
015E0587-350E-4BCC-853A-9D00B7E73F5F.jpeg

dlonesty

Reaction score
2011 LR4 HSE Lux...127,000. Water pump was done at about 77,000. Lower control arms done at 123,000.

JVreeburg

Reaction score
2010 LR4 HSE, 122k, just replace water pump, small hole in radiator that will be monitoring. Have changed out the plastic cooling pipes about 10m ago, replaced cracked Fuel pump about 4m ago. Oil change, new brakes and cut rotors.

wthammett

Reaction score
2011 HSE Lux - 166,000
O2 sensors
Lower control arms - twice
Water pump and cross over pipes
Have not done any chain tensioner work although I hear them clacking upon start at times.

Izzyandsue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2012 - 95K miles

Lower control arms around 80K miles
Water pump done while under warranty, maybe 40K miles
Otherwise, wash, wax, change oil at 7500 miles.

Huy Tran

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2012 HSE lux with 115,000 miles.

My shop did the upgraded transmission pan and oil at 90k, with the thought to avoid any issues. What exactly goes wrong with our transmissions?

I had the transmission rebuilt due to bushings/stator related to the E clutch failing. This caused the LR to go into limp mode at high speed as it cannot shift up into 5th gear. Prior to that, the transmission had occasional hard shifting and clunking between 2nd and 3rd. That harsh shifting is mostly caused by perishable rubber seals and bridge between the valve body allowing fluids to leak internally and lose pressure. Overtime, this also leads to the E clutch failure.

The ZF 6HP26 transmission is good. But does have issues that could be avoided by some preemptive measures.

As many have recommend, changing the fluid and filter is a must. I also would suggest replacing the valve body seals while you're in there as the parts are extremely cheap. If you're gonna do it yourself, take extreme care with the mechatronic and make sure everything is torqued to spec and clean. You'll also need to reset adaptation with a tool like IID.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2012 LR4. 86,000 miles.

Water pump and crossover pipe done. Some other cooling system fitting was replaced, as well.

Replaced cracked sealing ring at top of fuel tank.

Have done brakes 3 times, but mine carries a lot of extra weight with steel bumpers, sliders, skid plates, auxiliary fuel tank, etc. I do them myself, so it is not a big deal.

Front lower control arms changed at 65,000 by shop.

I preemptively changed tie rod/rod ends, front wheel bearings, sway bar drop links, and sway bar bushes. Probably going to do the rear upper/lower arms next. I like wrenching, so this is as much something to do, as anything else.

I was very curious to get the front wheel bearings off and check their condition as I have been running 1.25" spacers and LR3 18" wheels for about 40,000 miles. To my surprise, they were still rock solid, with no perceptible play, although I did not go to the trouble of testing them with a run-out indicator.

Other items on my eventual to do list are:
Spark plugs
Replace Air struts with the Bilstein units
transmission filter/pan/gasket
Timing chain guides/rollers/etc

dlonesty

Reaction score
Wow!!! 226k!!!! Any big repairs or just maintenance items? I have 127k on my 2011 LR4 HSE Lux.

I have done...
Lower control arms front
rear axel and hubs due to failure from high speed mishap
water pump at 78k

Last edited:

Azoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2012 HSE LUX
193,000 Kilometers (not miles)
Did lower control arms at 170k
Still have original water pump but my coolant level goes down once in a while
Did rear brake pads last week, planning to do front pads and rotors this weekend.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut