How often does the suspension compressor run?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got a new compressor in the LR3 as my original one died at 67k. Picked it up from the dealer today and it seems like its running more than the old one did. Or at least I never noticed it before.

How often do they run on average?

Tonight when I started the car it was running for at least a couple min.

Any thoughts? Is this normal or am I actually noticing a difference?

StevenJ_AK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MIne seems to turn itself on about every 5 mins. My LR3 has 53K on it now and im noticing it more and more. It seems to have gotten much louder lately also and has a tingy tin can sound to it. Im worried ill be getting a new one of those soon too!

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im curious how long they usually run for. Like I said before I never noticed it until I got the new one.

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on a lot of variables, do you lower the rig each time you park it? Are there leaks in the system? My wife lowers ours each time we park, so it runs quite a bit, but I don't hear it unless I am outside the vehicle.

If you don't lower yours, could be a small leak somewhere, otherwise, theoretically, it wouldn't run at all.

J.D.

ssmlr3

Reaction score
compressor noise

check the plastic cover around the compressor to see if loose or rubbing. That is what my06lr3 is doing in need to spend a lttile effort and try to make it stop.

krizza91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine seemed to be running pretty frequently. It went bad shortly after and it was replaced. pretty much right after it was replaced (a few days) I got a suspension fault light. I assumed the dealer that replaced it, did something wrong. Actually, after further inspection I had a minor leak in a front bladder (2-3 mm parked on a zero grade in 12 hrs.) The air seemed to bleed more when I was parked or driving on an incline. The thought was that since there was a minor leak, the compressor was running more frequently and may have gone bad because of it. Maybe something to check?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo