How Peppy is Your LR3 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

mookhead

By utter coincidence, I just got an LR3 loaner today, and I did immediately notice it accelerated more aggressively. I figured it was a) lighter than my HSE7, b) abused as a loaner (with related tranny adaptation).

My other car is an X5 - I've been using a light foot with it, to see how high I can get the MPG. It gets very 'mellow' after a few days of light acceleration. It goes back to normal if my wife drives it for a day or two, though. Hmmmmm.....

T

toddjb123

madtownrover said:
Try getting out of slowmatic mode. Flip the tranny over to sport mode and/or slap it down a gear. That's what the tranny is for!

Will do. I do keep it in Sport mode most of the time, but I haven't tried the manual downshift when passing. I'll try it this weekend!

Hmmmmmm, where to roadtrip to....

F

Freeflytim

I wonder how people in other parts of the world who have manual transmissions know when to shift....
When I 'goof around' with shifting on my own I have no clue what the RPMs are…
The truck is too quiet and smooth to have ‘feedback’ to know when to shift…
I have to look down at the tach to get an idea of RPMs!
Not that Im saying 'quiet and smooth' are bad!!!!:proud:

-TIM
Tennessee USA

C

Colt45

Driving on the open freeway and going 'slow and easy' with my new LR3 it did 18.4 mpg on a 300 mile trip (with only 1500 total miles on it). Of course the 'peppy' loaner has been a hoot to drive with its better acceleration curve - - but mileage was about 12-13 mpg. (The manual shifter is just too fun to use !)

F

Freeflytim

'slow and easy'

oh come on mate!

Drive it like its stolen!:burnout:

-Tim
Tennesse USA

C

Colt45

Freeflytim - - thought I'd be gentle during the break in period, but now it's got 2,000 miles on it and I'm itching to get it back from the shop. My shift arm and gas credit card are ready to Go !

J

jhartz

Mine outruns my '01 XJ8, in spite of the extra weight. That extra torque and 10 horses punch in a lot sooner. And the six speed does the rest of the job when I Put it in Sport mode and run it! Transmission has an adaptive mode capability. And mine is getting quicker off the line as the rings begin to seat.

C

Colt45

Hi everyone - - - I got my LR3 back from the shop today and proceeded to 'drive her hard' - - - Made all the difference in the world. Now this thing goes like a 'bat outta Hell' ! Exxon would probably love my driving style now, but the LR3 is just too much fun for 'slow and easy' ! ! Lots of pep for such a heavy SUV ! - - -

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635