How to check the battery voltage with the settings menu

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

farupp

Reaction score
Well, I read the voltage after the car had sat overnight. It fluctuated between 11.5 and 12v.

I guess a battery is on my LR3's Christmas list.

Thanks, all.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recommend you go with a Deka Intimadator series AGM.

BendRover123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the LR4 I know you can program the battery type AGM and not AGM, is that possible on the LR3 2008 that I have as well? I don't have an IID tool so am asking all those folks that have one.

The reason I am asking is I have a AGM battery and it needs to be charged between 14.0V and 14.4V otherwise you will get early battery failures.

Trickle charge or say alternator idle charge should be also between 13.5V and 13.8V if you spend tons of time idling the car again it will result in early AGM battery failures.

That brings me to another question has anybody boosted the LR3 charging voltage by say 0.5Volts to meet above general specs I believe at 70degF temp?

I recommend you go with a Deka Intimadator series AGM.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard of this on the LR3....and I know on the LR4 there is another small battery that operates the start/stop feature, so the electrical is a little different.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72