How to sell a 2016 LR4 HSE Silver Edition?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised what their value is right now. I searched for a 2016 Landmark after evaluating the D5. The prices for a low mileage D4 are very high. My dealer told me they have a waiting list of people that want low mileage D4’s

MartyG

Reaction score
Thanks. I think I'll watch the local dealer for their prices on LR4s. I've seen prices as high as $45k for similar mileage.

colorover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In a situation like this, where a model is special (rarity, passing of a generation, etc.), you risk a lower trade in value than if you just were trading a plain vanilla car. By all accounts you have a great example and HD pack would add to it's uniqueness but it should bring good money even without it. I would run by the dealer or Carmax to get a base line trade in value / buy bid. Then you can list it on one of the national platforms and see what bites you get at a higher value. You will undoubtedly get well-above trade in value, it should more than cover the lost tax savings. The other option is to put a listing on a couple of enthusiast forums like this one and see what interest you get, should sell very quickly.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lack of HD will damper the response on enthusiast forums I would think. That being said it should sell quick on an autotrader platform if clean and well sorted.

MartyG

Reaction score
Thanks Guys/Gals. All of your comments have been helpful and appreciated. I left too much money on the table when I traded in my last cream puff. Not this time!

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks very much LB Bill. I appreciate the help. I bought it new, have all of the documents, clear title after 3 more payments, no accidents, damage or anything of that nature. I traded my 2012 LR4 in at 35k miles 4 years ago because the D5 did nothing for me so I decided to get the last model year of the LR4. 2016. The Defender is awesome for my preferences and needs so that's next. And it's nice to have a nice amount of equity in my current car to put toward the next. Again, many thanks.

I just reread this thread. Your only mistep in this process was selling that 2012 with only 35k miles.;)

Johnnycakes

Reaction score
I have a 2016 HSE, corris Gray, 33k Miles. New tires and brakes within a year. I’m not selling but my dealer offered me 33k last month.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2016 HSE, corris Gray, 33k Miles. New tires and brakes within a year. I’m not selling but my dealer offered me 33k last month.

Do a quick search on Autotrader I bet your mileage will be in the $40K range.

RobRover88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
G'day MartyG, I'm stunned that anyone who owns a great condition, low mileage D4 would even be thinking of getting rid of it!! Especially to move into a new Defender when the jury is certainly still out
on that vehicle. You're obviously not a tough-trail offroader so why buy something that is supposedly
designed as a "go-anywhere" vehicle, but has so many reliability & serviceability questions and no answers yet.
The D4 is a classic built on a serious chassis - never to be repeated by Land Rover. IF the Defender ultimately proves to be a very successful vehicle it will continue in production for years to come. Anyone
will be able to get one. Not so with the D4. It will continue to increase in value & be in demand with
serious offroaders.
My 2014 TDV6 D4 has only 37,000 miles (60K Km here in Oz) on it & it can't be replaced like-for-like.
The same is going to happen with the Toyota 200 series Land Cruiser. I can sell my D4 for what I paid six years ago if I was mad enough.
If you're certain about selling it, don't listen to dealers on trade-in values or "experts" who reckon they
know its value. Don't detail it or change tires etc. Just list it Nationally with a price in the high $50,000's
and hold out. There's a guy out there who'll pay your price - just wait as long as you need. The Defender will always be there for you ......... or will it??

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72