How to sell a 2016 LR4 HSE Silver Edition?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dad just bought a nice, low mile 99 Land Cruiser as a 3rd/4th vehicle, and even it needs a little bit of work. At a certain point with any older vehicle, you're rolling the dice on previous owners.

johnny walker

Reaction score
This is the only reason I am moving on from my LR4 to a Defender. My accountant has been nagging me for years to take advantage of the Section 179 tax break. I just couldn't do it for a D5 regardless of the tax breaks.[/QUOTE

This is something I still don't understand having running my own business for 40+ years, spend 80k to save 40k.

777AIA

Reaction score
I'm curious about the best approach to use when selling my 2016 LR4 HSE Silver Edition - Corris Grey.
Have you worked out a price you are hoping to get? I am hunting for an LR4. Ping me...

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the only reason I am moving on from my LR4 to a Defender. My accountant has been nagging me for years to take advantage of the Section 179 tax break. I just couldn't do it for a D5 regardless of the tax breaks.[/QUOTE

This is something I still don't understand having running my own business for 40+ years, spend 80k to save 40k.

So true, but after 8 years and 130K miles I'm ready to replace my LR4. Nice that business owner tax breaks allow me to deduct part of that new vehicle cost. I certainly pay enough for all the other expenses involved in running a business.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess the unspoken pert is that you use the vehicle for personal use and then it makes a ton of sense.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes but at some point you need a vehicle. I support new purchases as it replenishes the used market where I roam

johnny walker

Reaction score
If you need a new toy you need a new toy but this sounded more like "love my lr but acct wants me to spend $ on new"

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At times I think that if our LR4 would fetch some silly amount of money, maybe we ought to sell "high" and get something new. Trouble is, to get the cargo space it gives us while having a decent 3rd row and a nice ride/interior, we are probably looking at a HUGE SUV costing well north of $75k. My wife already prefers not to use it on short errands because it is large, so we are better off using our other, smaller vehicles most of the time. As an occasional swiss army vehicle, the LR4 is hard to beat for us. And given the low miles (45k) and that we ordered it new, I am not terrified of keeping it a lot longer since it doesn't cost that much to own. Down the road, when the kids are off to college, the LR4 may make less sense and would be ~15 years old, so maybe we'll think of selling then. But at this point, I'd think the depreciation curve is pretty damn flat and since I do my own work, it's worth keeping around.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72