Hummer EV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s ugly. And specs out less than Tesla cyber truck (also ugly in a different way) on everything. And costs $30k more. Not sure on this proposition.

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
edition 1....11,500ft lb torque?! ***.

im kind of impressed by it.
but, wish it was an SUV, and the interior looks like its lacking any character.

and its a shame such an off road capable truck could only be used for 350 miles max; more realistically 250-300 miles after factoring in temperatures, driving style, etc.
forget using it for any day trip off-roading or camping. overlanding...never.

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks slightly more tolerable than the cybertruck. It seems they tried to take the best of LR + Ford + Jeep and mash it into a Hummer. I'm just not sure they picked the "best of" correctly. They're going after GVWR with that pricing is my guess. They'd be fools to not make it into a SUV. Also - the 10 min charge for 100 mile range is impressive...does Tesla even come close to that?

It may not be the best thing out there but it's nice to see the variety starting to hit the market in this space. Just waiting on Rivian at this point...

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assume this thing is going to be crazy heavy. I really want to know what the payload is going to be.

Probably the largest downside IMO is just size. It looks very full sized. I guess the crab walk would help in some scenarios but I am so used to LR4 width at this point.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking that the four wheel steering would help but then I thought ok on the streets if I am parking next to the curb does the four wheel steering steer the rear wheels into the curb when I am trying to do a u turn or get out of a tight spot. Do you end up running the rear up onto the curb when exiting a close parking spot?

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The current craze in overlanding of these folks buying maximized fullsize trucks belies the fact that their definition of "overlanding" is really just long distance driving, as there's no way you can fit those trucks on most moderate-difficulty trails.

Which is fine, but making those long-distance driving trucks also electric sort of ups the difficulty a bit. I love the idea, but until technology gets to the point that you can unfold a solar array and recharge in a few hours, you're going to be limited. And I say this as a guy who's really contemplating Rivian after watching Long Way Up.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA