Hydraulic Jack Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I was searching for extensions for Arcan, I came across this thing:

https://www.proeagle.com/collections/all/products/3-ton-big-wheel-jack-kratos

Man this thing is nice and designed for off road use as well, check out the features, including: "A full length steel skid plate to prevent sinking on sand and damage to internal components."

off_road_jack.jpg

28 inches of total lift with a supplied adjustable extension module (5" to 8"). I am thinking thats gotta be more than enough for lifting one wheel of LR4 with the suspension in off road height mode.

So my guess is that without the extension module the max lift height of this jack is around 20 inches and then the additional 8" of height is provided by the extension module (with it being fully extended to 8 inches) to bring the total height of the saddle to 28 inches.

And if thats not enough, they offer another extension module with the range of 8" to 13" which my guess is will bring the max height of this jack to 31" plus.

And it weighs only 60 pounds, pretty close to Arcan. But the rub is the $400 price.

For those of you here looking for a jack in that price range, what are your thoughts on this one? Worth it?

Here is a review with some better pics in application:

https://trail4runner.com/2018/03/29/pro-eagle-off-road-jack-review/

Last edited:

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't LR be shipping with their offroad worthy models at least a little beefier scissors jack than that flimsy thing that they provided us with with a near 3 ton LR4, maybe something like this:

scissor_jack_3D.jpg
scissor_jack_extender.jpg

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I was searching for extensions for Arcan, I came across this thing:

https://www.proeagle.com/collections/all/products/3-ton-big-wheel-jack-kratos

Man this thing is nice and designed for off road use as well, check out the features, including: "A full length steel skid plate to prevent sinking on sand and damage to internal components."

View attachment 7915

28 inches of total lift with a supplied adjustable extension module (5" to 8"). I am thinking thats gotta be more than enough for lifting one wheel of LR4 with the suspension in off road height mode.

So my guess is that without the extension module the max lift height of this jack is around 20 inches and then the additional 8" of height is provided by the extension module (with it being fully extended to 8 inches) to bring the total height of the saddle to 28 inches.

And if thats not enough, they offer another extension module with the range of 8" to 13" which my guess is will bring the max height of this jack to 31" plus.

And it weighs only 60 pounds, pretty close to Arcan. But the rub is the $400 price.

For those of you here looking for a jack in that price range, what are your thoughts on this one? Worth it?

Here is a review with some better pics in application:

https://trail4runner.com/2018/03/29/pro-eagle-off-road-jack-review/

Nice unit and plenty of lift, but if your LR4 is on the bump stops and you need to jack it up, you may not be able to slide those big "off-road" composite wheels under the chassis, never mind the extension. That seems like an ideal jack for lifted trucks, but I can think of some situations where its height may be an issue with the LR4 and our funky suspensions.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seen a set of these in use at a local shop, they look fantastic. But... Expensive

I was actually expecting them to be more expensive and was surprised that they are under $2K. Granted that's still some good money for the average Harry Homeowner's garage setup but nice if you feel like treating yourself.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was actually expecting them to be more expensive and was surprised that they are under $2K. Granted that's still some good money for the average Harry Homeowner's garage setup but nice if you feel like treating yourself.
they look too scary for me...hahaha. I can fit under there just fine right now with the suspension up. Just a pain in the ****.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the one I use on my LR4. It isn't light at 93 lbs, but the long reach, foot pedal, and almost 24" lift height is handy:

https://www.harborfreight.com/autom...-duty-service-jack-with-rapid-pump-60678.html

Yes, it's "only" rated a 2 tons, but remember even with 2 wheels off the ground, you're still not lifting the full weight of the vehicle. IIRC, the yellow Daytona was not available when I bought this a couple years ago, I'd have been pretty tempted to go yellow after comparing specs.

PSA: Remember to have jack stands in place before you crawl underneath! Don't trust only the hydraulic jack with your life.

:stickyman

So I agree with you that a 2 ton jack is sufficient if it's being used to just lift one wheel at a time (and that's what I'd use it for.) I also agree that the jack stand is a must for safety. My question is that when you lift yours up for a tire rotation how high are you actually lifting it? This will come into play for the jack stand I order, as the ones that I have currently only go up to 16.5" (which I'm not sure is enough or not...I have duratracs that are stock 19" size and have no plans to go bigger) Thank you

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they look too scary for me...hahaha

I didn't study the locking mechanism too closely but I agree that my *very* first thought was "would I really get under that thing without jack stands?" But getting all 4 wheels off the ground in a level fashion is sweet.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read in other threads people were iffy about using the control arm as a jack point for rotating tires. Called a reputable LR shop and they said that's what they do on their personal lr4s (they have a proper lift in the shop) --- They also said the 2ton is just fine.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72