I need of some Discovery assistance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamese.deanjr

Reaction score
Help
I have a 2000 Discovery II equipped with a 4.0 ltr. engine automatic it seems as though power everything. And Active Cornering Enhancement ( A.C.E. ) which is where my problem lies. I just acquired this gift horse and now I'm not going to hit it in the mouth however my gift horse suffers from halitosis. It has several cavities and an abscised tooth it may even require a root canal. The problem if you can tell by the pictures is that the ACE pump pulley has ended up against the pump housing and is froze solid in that position. So one I know this pump will have to be replaced which I understand is expensive. Any suggestions on where to get the best deal on this item either new, remanufactured possibly used even. Next question is has anybody seen this before or if there may be a possible cause for this problem I should look at. I am really excited about this project and also very disappointed at the same time. Please help if you have any clues. I am take this project one task at a time. Discovering the road to Happy Destiny. Jimi :help:

Attachments

• Broke A.C.E. pump 1.jpg
    Broke A.C.E. pump 1.jpg
    761 KB · Views: 16
  • Broke A.C.E. pump 2.jpg
    Broke A.C.E. pump 2.jpg
    723.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Broke A.C.E. pump 3.jpg
    Broke A.C.E. pump 3.jpg
    893 KB · Views: 14
  • Broke A.C.E. pump 4.jpg
    Broke A.C.E. pump 4.jpg
    824.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Broke A.C.E. pump 5.jpg
    Broke A.C.E. pump 5.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Contact nathan in my signature he will help you find a pump... as far as why.. sadly things fail. I haven't seen this before, but that isn't to say it obviously doesn't happen, I just don't buy rovers with ACE..

jamese.deanjr

Reaction score
Joey Thank you very much Sir as for Nathan I have tried to contact him no answer it appeared as though it may have been after their business hours. I did look at their web-site I didn't see any listing of any parts just Rovers for sale. Thank Jimi

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call Paul Grant at 203-770-1699, he should be able to help with the pump.
Also before you remove the pump be aware that you will most likely nee a computer to bleed the system.
If you have any questions, PM me your number and I'll walk you thru what to do.

jamese.deanjr

Reaction score
Thanks I will check out what Paul has to offer thanks for the info. As for before removing the pump I will need to bleed the system. No it is not to late that I have already taken the pump off. It just looks as though the system is bone dry. Thus this may be my reason the pump failed like it did. Upon a little more examination of the vehicle which I have had sitting in my driveway less then a week now broken. Oh and by the way that is actually how long I have been in possession of this vehicle. A family member sent to disco to me having somebody else drive it. A four hundred twenty four dollar tow bill to get this vehicle here to where it sits presently. Did I mention that a family member bestowed this upon me lol. Yes I figure I would check the oil and other fluids since I have even heard this beast run yet. That is when I found the A.C.E. reservoir low or I should say what appears to be bone dry. Which then comes to another question. Does the system have a leak or is it that said family member never ever checked it. I am inclined to believe the latter cause when speaking with said family member they didn't even know the vehicle was equipped with that system. Shoot let alone they didn't even know it was four wheel drive they swore it was two wheel drive only. Some people and I'll leave it at that. So thanks Mike I am so grateful for forums like this and the guys who help keep them going and your help.
Jimi :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635