Illinois Dealers,LR4 Voice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

guss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropping off my 11 LR4 this Am to update Voice Activation system and Nav. System.Seems Dealers are only oil changers.Had to get Land Rover involved to pressure Dealer to actually do something above and beyond a Tire Rotation.There is software that takes an hour to download into 2011 LR4 and will then be updated to the new 2012 LR4 Voice systems.The NAV. system is farther behind on roads than my old 2005 LR3 System that I wouls update with a New DVD every two years!!!! Thats why Land Rover has junked the Hard Drive NAV. just after two years.Going back to DVD in 2012.........

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just had my voice controls activated yesterday. They also updated the Nav System. No charge since I just leased the LR4 3 weeaks ago.

guss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back

Dropping off my 11 LR4 this Am to update Voice Activation system and Nav. System.Seems Dealers are only oil changers.Had to get Land Rover involved to pressure Dealer to actually do something above and beyond a Tire Rotation.There is software that takes an hour to download into 2011 LR4 and will then be updated to the new 2012 LR4 Voice systems.The NAV. system is farther behind on roads than my old 2005 LR3 System that I wouls update with a New DVD every two years!!!! Thats why Land Rover has junked the Hard Drive NAV. just after two years.Going back to DVD in 2012.........

Got it back,Voice is very much improved over LR3...NAV.,will have to wait for a newer update from Navetq.There slow getting one to Dealer.Not impressed with Hard Drive NAV. system.Glad Rover went back to DVD in 2012 on LR4.

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it back,Voice is very much improved over LR3...NAV.,will have to wait for a newer update from Navetq.There slow getting one to Dealer.Not impressed with Hard Drive NAV. system.Glad Rover went back to DVD in 2012 on LR4.

Hello
My LR dealer is telling me is that my truck didnot come with voice control and they cannot add it because it requires HW modules that I don't have.
Mine is a lux with vision package. Not sure what else I needed to buy to get voice.

Who at LR did you need to step in for them to turn on the voice control.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello
My LR dealer is telling me is that my truck didnot come with voice control and they cannot add it because it requires HW modules that I don't have.
Mine is a lux with vision package. Not sure what else I needed to buy to get voice.

I have a 2011 lux with vision package and I just had the voice activated. I called my dealer and asked them if if can be done, they said no problem. Now it works fine. I did not have to complain to anyone. One phone call to the deal is all it took. I am surprised your dealer is giving you the BS about needing some sort of module. That is TOTAL BS!

guss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lr4

Hello

Ok,I dont know when yours was made.Mine was first of 2011.I believe they all are capable but are inactive.It took them some special programming of about 2 hours but was great when done.They first thought what u were saying about "parts" and were going to get them in three days but talked to another Land Rover USA tech and just programmed it.It does work very wiil w. Blutooth and nav. I believe its a safety issue, without it because no hands free on bluetooth operation.You have to touch screen multiple times to make a call and by then your ready to have an accident.I told them that its in the manual and that it needs to be activated or if I get in a car wreck because of no voice,I would have to take legal issues.When I told this to Land Rover USA,Two hours later my Dealer called me and said bring it in anytime and will fix it immediately no parts needed.Go fiqure,too much secret stuff behind the scenes with the 11 LR4.

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok,I dont know when yours was made.Mine was first of 2011.I believe they all are capable but are inactive.It took them some special programming of about 2 hours but was great when done.They first thought what u were saying about "parts" and were going to get them in three days but talked to another Land Rover USA tech and just programmed it.It does work very wiil w. Blutooth and nav. I believe its a safety issue, without it because no hands free on bluetooth operation.You have to touch screen multiple times to make a call and by then your ready to have an accident.I told them that its in the manual and that it needs to be activated or if I get in a car wreck because of no voice,I would have to take legal issues.When I told this to Land Rover USA,Two hours later my Dealer called me and said bring it in anytime and will fix it immediately no parts needed.Go fiqure,too much secret stuff behind the scenes with the 11 LR4.

ok, i will push the issue tomorrow. Can you please give me the dealership it was done so I can call their BS when they say it cannot be done.

There seem to be multiple people who have had this done on this forum. Can you guys post your dealership names or send me via PM?

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Patrick-Land Rover Napperville ILL

Thanks Guss, baobay!

Quick question:
Do you guys have the voice control symbol on the steering wheel button? Mine is blank. I do have HSE Lux with vision.

Is it possible that LR did not even install the voice control in my truck even though it is a standard option?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99