Improved MPG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a reminder ,my MPG was running between 13-14 for the last few months thought it might be the tire on the roof then thought it might be the rack, took it all off still the same so I replaced the air filter and I am back up to 17-18 today. just a reminder.:stupid:

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you run OEM tire size as well?

I've replaced the air filter a month ago and still have 13.8 mpg... I run 285/60/18 terra grapplers. I'm about to do the spark plug change in conjunction with the 60K service. We'll see what that brings.

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the air filter and I am back up to 17-18 today. just a reminder.:stupid:

Funny, I did the exact same thing (replaced the air filter) last week and I went from 14-15 mpg to 17-18 mpg this week! :biggrin:

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought that same as RV, too cheap to buy the genuine..

AGREED! I am cheap! LOL!!!! :biggrin: My original was a OEM filter. I compared them both and the only thing I could tell that was different was the OEM said Land Rover on the end and the new one did not. Other then that the new filter fit's perfectly!

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did an OEM filter. K&N is not a good idea on the LR3. I would have went atlantic filter but I was driving by the dealer when I thought about it.
I run the Zeon 285-60s

wow I should have ordered I paid over 70 bucks at the dealer for the pollen and intake filters. they are under 50. Dumb me in a ram.:stupido2:

Last edited:

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And you're geting 17-18/mile? That's awesome!

Maybe my highway driving isn't long enough. Maybe it's my 72 mph average?

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going 55-60mph sport mode so I can control the shifting

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM