Iphone 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lexman34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I own a 2010 LR4. When i plug my Iphone 3GS into the vehicle's Iphone cord, i am able to use the screen to look at and access my music files. When i plug my Iphone 4 it comes up device error. It DO still charge the Iphone 4 but no access to my music files. I know i can plug the phone into the AUX jack and access the files that way however it is a bummer that i can not do it from the display screen. This has been spoken about before and i do believe someone posted to remove the bumper case so the cord can fit all the way into the Iphone 4 but it still do not work for me.

Anyone else have issues with connecting their Iphone 4 and accessing their music files to the vehicle?

mrtp4

Reaction score
Mine works

I have a 2011 LR4 HSE Lux, and when I plug in the iPhone4 it works fine. Actually looks and works exactly the same as the iPhone3 I used to own, same functionality on the LR4 screen.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard removing the bumper as well for connection. Both iPhone4 and iPhone3G work exactly the same. I personally don't connect my iPhone4 because I like it close by and not tucked away. So I use an iPod for music (my son has my iPhone3G which now looks like a truck ran over it) and for my iPhone4 just charge it via AUX by the ashtray - and it's reachable. I think tucking the phone away is dangerous.

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard removing the bumper as well for connection. Both iPhone4 and iPhone3G work exactly the same. I personally don't connect my iPhone4 because I like it close by and not tucked away. So I use an iPod for music (my son has my iPhone3G which now looks like a truck ran over it) and for my iPhone4 just charge it via AUX by the ashtray - and it's reachable. I think tucking the phone away is dangerous.

second this.....just get the new ipod nano, then it is always plugged and charged....you dont have to plug or unplug the iphone everytime you get in or out....

lexman34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok..i am feeling stupid now. LOL. I am getting up right now from my office and try it again. Be right back.

lexman34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's weird and i feel enbarrassed but my Iphone 4 works fine now. Maybe it was an update it needed as i updated the Iphone for the first time last night. I don't know but please believe me guys! :)

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yay! Glad it works now....I bet it was that iPhone update....so happy it is working for you now...that would drive me NUTS if my iphone/ipod wasnt running through my car stereo system :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink