Issues with Terrafirma hidden winch and SCV6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bet since you’ve just got a spacing issue and the tray is steel I presume, any competent welder could easily fabricate and weld on the necessary “spacer” so that it’s solid. That’s an easy option. Maybe cost you a but more, but maybe LK8 will just refund you some and you can work on it to get it right.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I was able to make the mount fit over the CAC with only 1.25” spacers. But even at that, trying to fit the bumper cover over the winch mount I was coming up about 2” shy of making it reach the alignment tabs and screw holes. There’s a little more than an inch of honeycomb plastic that I could get rid of behind the bumper skin, but that still doesn’t add up to 2”.

I might be able to make it work if I could take a plasma cutter to the mount itself, but Lucky 8 definitely wouldn’t take it back after I tried that. I just don’t think this will work.

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I was able to make the mount fit over the CAC with only 1.25” spacers. But even at that, trying to fit the bumper cover over the winch mount I was coming up about 2” shy of making it reach the alignment tabs and screw holes. There’s a little more than an inch of honeycomb plastic that I could get rid of behind the bumper skin, but that still doesn’t add up to 2”.

I might be able to make it work if I could take a plasma cutter to the mount itself, but Lucky 8 definitely wouldn’t take it back after I tried that. I just don’t think this will work.
Summit Bar it is! Welcome to the club. :driver:

rolledover

Reaction score
I had this same issue. The Terrafirma mount is really made for an LR3 and those spacers were their way of being cheap and making it work on an LR4. I tried the spacers and it would have required chopping up more of my front bumper than I was comfortable with. I ended up cutting the top brace on the winch mount which made everything align much better. I've had a few heavy off-center pulls with this setup and have had zero issues in the 8 months since install. I've learned that pretty much everything Terrafirma makes for the LR4 is not bolt-on and will require modification.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this same issue. The Terrafirma mount is really made for an LR3 and those spacers were their way of being cheap and making it work on an LR4. I tried the spacers and it would have required chopping up more of my front bumper than I was comfortable with. I ended up cutting the top brace on the winch mount which made everything align much better. I've had a few heavy off-center pulls with this setup and have had zero issues in the 8 months since install. I've learned that pretty much everything Terrafirma makes for the LR4 is not bolt-on and will require modification.
Thanks for this. The issue I had was broader than just that top strap. The bottom hit, too, and I didn't see how I could make it work without modifying both the mount and the vehicle beyond what I was willing to try to "see if I can make it fit." So I'm sending it back unmodified.

rolledover

Reaction score
After looking at your pictures further I see now why just cutting the top wouldn’t work. Mine is a V8 and doesn’t have that charge air canister like the V6.

If I had to do it again I would use the ProSpeed mount even though it’s 3x the price. I’ve seen a few V6’s with hidden mounts so there’s got to be an option out there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA