It is official, now "Suspension Fault" shows up every other trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

schafari

Houm, what you describe is exactly what happens to my vehicle. Amber light, suspension fault msg, and if I turn off and on the car, it all goes away. I am surprised to hear that it does not store a code that could be retrieved by the dealer. Are you sure about that? Seems like if it is throwing suspension faults, it would store those.

If I go up/down with the suspension a couple times, I can usually get the system to start acting funny. Vehicle raising slowly message. System cooling msg sometimes. Than a few miles down the road, the tippy amber icon.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grommet said:
Though I can understand why it's hard to diagnose...

I can't speak for everyone but in my case I think it's because the three men working on my LR3 are partially ********.

H

Houm_WA

I will know more on Tuesday (2 days) when I take it in to MY dealer (meaning the one I bought the car from). I'd taken it in to the Portland, OR dealer and they stated that they this particular system did not leave fault codes behind...although when my engine stalled in the summer, it DID leave a code behine. I suspect that the PDX service guys was full of $hit and wanted to get rid of me as they were backed up. I will find out soon enough.

"Raising Slowly" and "system cooling" are normal messages however. The fault isn't, though. Schafari, did your faults also cause special programs in Terrain Response to be unavailable?

S

schafari

I got my compressor replaced, and no more suspension fault light so far. Dealer was awesome once again. Replaced as I waited for it.

H

Houm_WA

Why did they go with a compressor change? Was the EAS not functioning? In my case, the compressor worked just fine, even with the fault lit up...it was just the TR that was not fully available, even though it was a "Suspension" fault and the EAS went to Normal height initially.

R

roverdawg

There was a problem with some early build compressors. I had the same symptoms where you could get the EAS to function but would receive the 'suspension fault' messages which would sometimes clear with a reboot. After my compressor was replaced, it was great for awhile then they returned. Took it back to the dealer and they couldn't diagnose. Kept happening and I brought it back. Diagnosed with a faulty connector/repaired. Suspension faults on the way home from the dealer. VERY frustrating. It's been very wet here lately (lots of huge puddles) and wondering if it's a wet sensor that's now causing the problem. With the compressor problems and some other issues, the vehicle is now lemon eligible here in Washington state. Willing to give the dealer a little more time to work it out but think they may need some help fixing this vehicle. LRNA will be contacted and I've heard of other owners where LRNA brought in specialized mechanics to oversee the repairs. The service dept. here has tried but I don't think they're getting the support they need. Invariably, I've read the tech bulletins before they've heard of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

schafari

I have been following your posts roverdawg, sorry to hear of your continueing saga. Hopefully, the suspension stays fixed after the compressor replacment on Monday. I have already gotten the "vehicle raising slowly" simply from one cycle of up down, and back up.

On off-road trails that I use, there is often low hanging branches. I go from off-road, to access, then back up to off-road. Unfortunately, if the LR3 can't do that without problems, that would be a big bummer. I can aprpeciate the compromises necessary wiht packaging and space, etc. However, I sure hope that they designed the system for at least one fully cycle without delay, cooling, or errors. (Usually there is a ton of time betwen the need to do this also. You know, more than 30 min. Plus, it is only a couple of times on the trail.)

R

roverdawg

schafari,

Good luck on your EAS fix! I think that mine's unluckier than most and you'll be alright. The most frustrating thing about my latest suspension faults is unlike before, where I could get them to clear with a reboot, now it clears but then 5 minutes later (w/o touching the lever) *BING-BONG* "suspension fault" and amber icon. The only good thing is that it's always allowed me to drive normally although I've heard that some people get a "do not drive over 30 mph" warning along with their fault.

H

Houm_WA

roverdawg,

Have you ever taken your vehicle to the dealer while the icon is STILL ILLUMINATED? I've been told that this is the best way for them to be able to diagnose it....so don't turn that baby off.

Which dealership do you go to, Seattle or Bellevue? I live in Seattle as well.

I don't think that my issues are compressor-related. My hunch is that it is a sensor, because my EAS works OK even while the icon is lit. ...it's just wierd that it's the TR that gets affected when the icon is lit. Anyhow, the service guys in Seattle gave me a software update, and now I'll just keep an eye out for any more faults. I'll have to get a chance to take it offroad again to really scrutinize.

BTW, the software update really seems to make a difference on the vehicle performance. The best description I can muster is that it's simply "smoother." The transmission jerks (from rolling stops) have abated and it just has a better feel.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo