It is official, now "Suspension Fault" shows up every other trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

roverdawg

Houm,

Good idea. I can trigger the suspension fault by moving to off-road height and then back to Normal most times, so I'll do that and leave it illuminated for them. I'll see if they can update the software, though I think I have the latest version.

btw, I take mine to the Bellevue dealership as my personal experience with the sales dept. at Seattle was perplexing. Ended up going to the Bellevue dealer to buy. Basically, a year or two ago when I was thinking about a Range Rover, I had stopped in to p/u a brochure. Told they were out and would put me on a mailing list. Ironically, I had friends who were also looking for a car and had stopped in there and were given a brochure from the same guy which he pulled from his desk (same guy, same day). The difference? Who knows but I was dressed in jeans and old sneakers and my friends were driving a Lexus? Anyways, there was no follow-up and no brochure was ever sent to me. So, to Bellevue, I went.....but I digress!

H

Houm_WA

dawg,

Don't be so sure that you have the most recent software; I was told that unless you have an issue that the s/w might address, they don't just routinely update or anything. I asked them if a person could just get the most recent s/w by asking for it, and I got an answer that I found satisfactory in that they wouldn't recommend it because if nothing's broke...why fix? I have to say that after 1.5 days with the new s/w, I do notice it's decidedly better...no more tranny-lurch. I too will look to rally to the dealer if the fault icon gets lit up, but I just can't seem to produce it when I "want" to....the last day I tried I was offroad for about 30 minutes and couldn't trigger a fault. It has to be electronic or software related, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's cured, but will be wary of it and looking to cause it next time I have a chance to (go offroad).

I'm sorry about your experience at LR Seattle. I had a pretty good buying experience except that waiting 4 months for my HSE was excruciating. My credit union raised interest rates meanwhile so it was costing me, too. ...and actually (sorry for all the detail) but it wasn't the 4 months that was so bad but the constantly different reports of the delivery date....at one point I was going to have to wait so long that it would've almost made more sense to wait for an '06...except that sales tax is a federal write-off this year and hence I wanted to purchase in '05. Anyhow, when I first went in there, they were actually having their company holiday party (Nov '04) but they let me in anyhow, showed me the only LR3 they had and even fed my then 9-year-old son. That went a long way with me. They did their best to pressure Solihull to get my car on the boat ASAP and communicated with me all the while. I like those guys...and I never dressed any particular way when I went in there or anything like that.

...oh, and by the way, not sure if you know this or not but LR Seattle and LR Bellevue are owned by the same dude.

Good luck with your faults. ...and I can only assume by your handle that you're a UW fan (or alum). To that I can only say one thing:

GO BEAVS !!

R

roverdawg

Houm,

Thanks for the advice. I'll check into the software update as I've had the tranny lurch as well. Would be great if that solves it. Glad that your experience with LR Seattle has been good. I knew they were under the same ownership as Bellevue but I seem to have a better "vibe" with the folks in Bellevue. Would be nice if I could save myself the trip across Lake Washington, though esp. at rush hour!

I definitely feel your pain about waiting for the HSE as I certainly went through the same thing. Weeks became months, etc. Best was being told that "the delivery truck got lost on it's way to Washington...it'll be another day or two". Uh..yeah.

Definitely GO DAWGS but I will give a shout out to your Beavs as I had a relative that was an asst. coach for the Men's Basketball team there for awhile...back when they were good that is! =)

PS Some of the dealers around the country lead LR excursions every once in awhile. Nice if we could get LR Seattle/Bellevue to do something similar esp. with all the snow we're getting in the mountains!

H

Houm_WA

Dawg,

There was actually a "snow run" a few weeks ago. I had to miss it 'cause I coach a 4th grade basketball team and we had a game that day. ...but there are wheels events now and then and there is also a group called the "Pacific Coast Rover Club"...I think their website is like PCRC.net or .org or something like that....hang on:

http://www.pcrc.net/

That's it. Anyhow, the events aren't very often, but yeah, it would be cool to take advantage of the snow.

Truck got lost on the way....that's rich. I didn't have anything like that happen, I just had the "sliding delivery date" but that's OK....seems like the late-builds are better. I came extremely close to making a deal on a Bonatti Gray HSE in Boise...but literally the minute I faxed over the sales order (or whatever the paper was) I got a call from LR Seattle saying that they heard from Solihul and that my vehicle was on the boat. So I had to call Boise back and tell them to stand down. They were upset but pretty cool about it.

You Huskies have really gotten their Basketball program on track. I somehow managed to attend OSU in between Basketball glory and Football glory...so there was nothing to do but study and party. I don't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing but I haven't missed a Beaver (home) football game since 1999.

Peace

Jaak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked to my dealer this morning as I was getting Warrenty work done on my DII SE-7. I was dealing with the Service Manager (he works the desk as well) and he stated that the problemm was cleared up with a software upgrade. He does them on all LR3's that come in as a preventative measure. Thornhill LandRover on Steeles' Ave W, west of Yonge St in Thornhill/Toronto. Great place and great service!

Last edited by a moderator:
H

Houm_WA

Well, it can't be that simple, because I got another suspension failure last night. This one was on the road, but happened as my back wheel "hopped" over a curb. However, the interesting thing is that this afternoon my info screen showed one of the height bars flashing, which meant that the sensor thinks that the wheel is at the top of its travel, but I simply had it in crawl mode as I was in my parking garage...just like I always do. That plus the fault code read on Tuesday said something about a valve malfunctioning.

So I talked with LR about it and we are going to check the height sensors on Tuesday. I think that what we've seen is consistent with a bad height sensor because if a sensor is bad, then it would affect the valve too...so like, the computer might be thinking it's the valve, but it's really the sensor and the valve is trying to respond to the sensor but the air bag may be already full or empty so it can't respond as desired (by the bad sensor).

Anyhow, we'll see next week ! The saga continues; the good thing is that there are a slew of suspension fault ridden LR3s out there and I think LR is actively working it, much like the stalling problem. It will get resolved. I'm just happy that my specific problem doesn't seem to be compressor-related (knock on wood).

G

geowgray

schafari said:
Well, what a bummer. I was hoping it was a fluke and would go away, but now I am getting the suspension fault error about every other trip. This is without touching the height selector. Just appears. I have an 05 LRE HSE with 1,387 miles on it, with the towing electronics.

Does anyone have info on the latest thinking on what this is? I would hate for my dealer to struggle in their search. I have searched the forum, and there is good info. However, I am hoping someone knows the standard fix to this seemingly standard problem.

Any TSBs?

Thanks
I had the same problem as well I have a 05 LR3 V8 SE 16000 Miles. My tech at BMC San Francisco found the problem. There is a loose pin issue in the wire harness of the ABS pump connector. He could induce the fault when moving it around occasionally. he bent the pin in such a way enough to not allow movement. I've not had the HDC/ABS/Suspension lights-on-fault sense. Have your tech's contact Land Rover for assistance. Land Rover is aware of this problem.

S

schafari

Thanks Geowgray, nice post. Hey Houm_WA, when you say your "back wheel hopped over a curb. . ." I am not sure you can categorize that in with the other failures. Perhaps, but maybe not. Not knowing how your wheel went over the curb, but that could have been the problem, not the systemic problem others are having with zero physical impact, etc.

H

Houm_WA

Schafari,

I agree, this may not be indicative of the same problem y'all are having with "zero-perturbation" erros, but I'd say it is probably the same variety as I was having before, which was induced by wheels being on uneven terrain.

My only point was that either way, the s/w upgrade did not fix it. I'm hoping that a faulty height-sensor is found.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo