It's time for a rear cross-over pipe talk. What to do about the backorder?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sdtim

Reaction score
Well.....maybe not.

"Thank you for placing your order on Land Rover South Atlanta. Unfortunately, we're unable to fill your order as the product(s) is no longer available. We will be cancelling your order and a refund will be processed in the next business day."

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not yet called every vendor, but those that I have called have all been out of stock even though the web and sometimes their own internal systems have said otherwise. I have been drained of optimism. But I’ll continue to call a couple a day. It makes me wonder if they actually do have a part or two on the shelf but they are reserving them for their own use. They could make a few bucks off profit on the part, or they could make a bunch more off the part plus labor. I don’t know but it’s been extremely frustrating.

For what it’s worth my LR4 is a 2016, so SCV6.

My hope, as I woke this morning, is that maybe it’s out of stock everywhere and on indefinite backorder because they are working through a redesign. How hard is it to design a coolant system that doesn’t fall apart in 60k miles? Cooling an engine isn’t a new concept, is there something about these motors that makes them harder on coolant pipes? I’ve had cars with a bad water pump here and there, but I don’t think I’ve heard of pipes essentially self destructing at their connection points at the engine to the point of total and catastrophic failure. And for it to be an issue in essentially every vehicle with that engine, it’s just mind boggling.

I appreciate the help here on the forum. I’ll continue the search.

A redesign? lol. Land Rover is on it's last legs. They are not doing redesigns on parts for vehicles that haven't been produced for 7-13 years...

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A redesign? lol. Land Rover is on it's last legs. They are not doing redesigns on parts for vehicles that haven't been produced for 7-13 years...

The SCV6 was sold up to 2022

Reaction score
Well.....maybe not.

"Thank you for placing your order on Land Rover South Atlanta. Unfortunately, we're unable to fill your order as the product(s) is no longer available. We will be cancelling your order and a refund will be processed in the next business day."
Had the same today. Someone kindly recommended a dealer in TX that has some in stock. When I called in I was told they were reserved for their customers… “sorry I can’t sell them to you sir”

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA