Johnson Rods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's plenty of love to go around! Shoot me a pm for more info :hello:

Do you have any pics of what your adjustable rods looks like? I'm imagining a threaded connecting rod with double nuts to lock in place :rolleyes:

Also, would they be marked to indicate the lift at any given length?

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not being smart just trying to understand the benefit of this modification.

Jim

Hi Jim,

For me it is the possibility of mounting a set of 32" All Terrain tires (BF Goodrich AT 275/65):

bfg_alterr_tako_ci2_l.jpg

Plus I like the everyday ride a little bit higher than original standard height. When setting suspension to off road height it ends up even higher.

The draw back is original low mode is no longer possible. The lowest the vehicle will get is original standard height.

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are no indicators per se, as they are infinitely adjustable. The set is pre-adjusted prior to installing. I don't recommend adjusting while they are installed. It's much easier to remove them, adjust then re-install. This assures that each sensor will be sending similar values to the computers. The heim joints are left-hand and right hand thread. As you turn the connector, each end moves equally in or out. Pretty slick.

Attachments

• Sasquatch Rods 005.jpg
    Sasquatch Rods 005.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Sasquatch Rods 009.jpg
    Sasquatch Rods 009.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 36
  • Sasquatch Rods 012.jpg
    Sasquatch Rods 012.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 40

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are no indicators per se, as they are infinitely adjustable. The set is pre-adjusted prior to installing. I don't recommend adjusting while they are installed. It's much easier to remove them, adjust then re-install. This assures that each sensor will be sending similar values to the computers. The heim joints are left-hand and right hand thread. As you turn the connector, each end moves equally in or out. Pretty slick.

WOW! :biggrin:

That is amazing. Congratulations on an incredible design.

Do you have a range of lift variation? I mean how short/long can the rod be adjusted?

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words! The total range is zero lift to 2-1/4". I highly recommend not exceeding 2-1/4". The set can physically go beyond that, but you lose the ability to properly adjust the camber setting while doing the alignment. What's also nice is you will have the ability to level out the stance from back to front. Some people like the "raked" look (rear sitting taller than the front). I prefer a more balanced profile. That's the benefit of having micro-adjustments built into the set. A fixed "lift kit" gives you one option only.

racehorse

Reaction score
good stuff

squatch and blackforest ham have some nice gear in regards to rods. I got dinged using other 'fixed' rods we'll say that boost you way up and there is a problem for some of us. I was at 2.5 higher and ran into a binded rear air canister that needed replacing. My independent rover tech explained the lr3 doesnt want to go 80mph 2.5 inches high daily so anything below that should be considered a better option. In addition, you'll have problems aligning camber and getting good tire tread if you go too high.

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the repairs. It's no coincidence that I feel confident about what I post. It took nearly two years of R&D on my own rig that I felt confident about sharing my set with the community. This was never about making money. It was all about advancing the abilities of what I considered was an amazing vehicle. In fact, my International sales have cost me a pretty penny - break even at best. With VAT, numerous headaches with bizarro regulations and uncounted "lost in transit" deliveries to 3rd world countries, I've probably lost my ****. Whatever. There's plenty of knock-off's out there. You get what you pay for. That's why you will never find a Sasquatch Off Road website. I don't want to be the Google King or Ebay King. Let the others wear that badge. If you want the proper goods, seek me out. :biggrin:

Cheers ****'s!

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
squatch and blackforest ham have some nice gear in regards to rods. I got dinged using other 'fixed' rods we'll say that boost you way up and there is a problem for some of us. I was at 2.5 higher and ran into a binded rear air canister that needed replacing. My independent rover tech explained the lr3 doesnt want to go 80mph 2.5 inches high daily so anything below that should be considered a better option. In addition, you'll have problems aligning camber and getting good tire tread if you go too high.

What exactly is a binded air canister? What happened?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi